FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I get concept burgers but 99% of the time those things are just too much and get in the way.

I think burger makers treat consumers like children. "Just stack it up real high. Make it colorful. They'll like that."

I get concept burgers but 99% of the time those things are just too much and get in the way.

I think burger makers treat consumers like children. "Just stack it up real high. Make it colorful. They'll like that."
Elaborate on concept burgers

ICIP

When people tell me they don't like fries from In-N-Out or Five Guys, I can't help but wonder if they're so used to processed and/or frozen food that they just don't like the taste of freshly prepared food. Very literally, the fries you eat from In-N-Out or Five Guys were real potatoes 5 minutes prior to you eating them. They literally cut them right there in the store, fry them, and give them to you.

-foe
I gotta tell you Ska, the description of Five Guy’s fries sounded incredible to me before I tried them. I thought they were going to be the best fries I ever had, until I tasted them and found them to be just ok.

Anything that ain't just
Meat
Bun
Cheese
Lettuce
Tomato
Onions
Pickles
Mushroom
Bacon

Maybe egg and avocado can be allowed without making it seem like, "they are just doing too much."

If this was brought about cause of the Shack Stack well then technically it fits this “classic” burger ingredients list.

Anything that ain't just
Meat
Bun
Cheese
Lettuce
Tomato
Onions
Pickles
Mushroom
Bacon

Maybe egg and avocado can be allowed without making it seem like, "they are just doing too much."
Here in CA I give avocado a pass. We throw avocado on damn near anything as a standard variation.

But all them PB&J burgers and other nonsense I feel you. Never cared for em.

If your standard double cheeseburger don’t smack, I don’t want nothin from ya

Never had In N Out let alone their fries.

5 Guys fries are real good though. Hoping the comparison is off.

Never had In N Out let alone their fries.

5 Guys fries are real good though. Hoping the comparison is off.
IMO

5 Guys can’t be compared to In n Out due to price brackets.

I get a whole meal from In n Out for far less than 5 Guys.

5 Guys should be compared to restaurant burgers because of the price, and in that event they’re a great “greasy burger” with good fries.

Overall, balanced comparison between the two with respects due to price / quality / consistency, I tip the hat to In n Out overall.

Back
Top Bottom