FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

So recently this halal Chinese spot that used to be super popular in Queens especially amongst the Muslim community made a comeback. Their OG location was in Astoria & they were legendary man but closed up shop mad randomly back in 2019. The Best beef dumplings ever & amazing Gen Tsao etc. Heard they were making a comeback so I went to check em out.

I got the steamed beef dumplings, veggie roll & onion rings. My dad had chicken with garlic sauce- another dish they were very well known for. When I opened my container & saw my dumplings I was like wtf? lol. They used to make em so poofy & pillowy with a thick ball of protein inside. What I got today was skinny *** dumplings with some meat in it. Might as well call it dough with tiny amount of meat. I'm not bugging these are some sad looking dumplings right?

My dad's dish barely had any protein mixed in, it was 85 % veggies & sauce :smh: . Super SUPER SUPER disappointed with them. I hate to do it but left them a 2 star negative Google review too. Not even going to bother talking about the onion rings/veggie roll cuz nobody goes to a Chinese spot looking for that stuff to be good anyway. Feel irritated about this too, how can an establishment that was once so good become so *** now? How the mighty have fallen 😡
20220909_171759.jpg
20220909_184548.jpg

From a long while ago

Crust could have been better
1662679199197.jpeg
1662679282873.jpeg

1C75D171-B237-4561-9B5B-770DF2542D73.jpeg

4D66ED4D-82A1-4204-8ED6-0FD21F913828.jpeg
Looks good. id take the desired doneness over the perfect crust.
A perfect crust is like the icing on the cake though. I've went past my desired doneness plenty of times trying to achieve the perfect crust.

I've heard some people using a kitchen torch

that show be so fixed. you know these judges know when they eating Bobby's dish...he puts calabrian chilis on EVERYTHING. it's his signature :lol:
Honestly I were one of the judges I would start laughing as soon as I see one of the dishes loaded with chilis, clearly being Bobby’s :lol:

That's where I first heard of it :lol:

He was gassing the coolers... They're expensive as **** but supposed to be the business.
Their products are overpriced but they are made to take a beating and last forever. Rtic makes cups, coolers and bags that look and perform the same if not better for cheaper but not sure about their durability over time

I got a gallon one of those and it doesn’t come close to yeti or hydro flask imo. Mine didn’t even keep ice for more than an hour or so

Back
Top Bottom