FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Is there a gamey taste to horse meat?

In parts of Italy horse meat is pretty popular, and na. It really does taste a lot like chicken. Similar to chicken, more of the taste has to do with the preparation and sauce, although the meat is a little tougher (more muscle).

If you're really interested in horse, in certain regions of Italy like Parma, horse meat is actually primarily eaten raw. It's got really high protein in it, and a lot of young kids eat it. There is an extremely popular preparation called "Cavallo Pesto" and people eat it as a sandwich for lunch.

Goodness, was it good?!

Very. You know it's good when I leave the tomato and onions in there. I usually don't eat either.

Worked 11 hours yesterday. I hit the gym in the mornings, so days like yesterday I'll take like three lunches with me.

Clocked out and was starving. Saw on their IG feed that they were having a $10 combo special for the "OG", that was a sign lol

Very. You know it's good when I leave the tomato and onions in there. I usually don't eat either.

Worked 11 hours yesterday. I hit the gym in the mornings, so days like yesterday I'll take like three lunches with me.

Clocked out and was starving. Saw on their IG feed that they were having a $10 combo special for the "OG", that was a sign lol

Been wanting to a Vaka burger. I stay in Pasadena. We should do a lil NT meet up soon.

Homemade shrimp fried rice. I never eat fried rice at restaurants because my homeboy chef told me you don't even have to put salt in it. They use big *** woks and when your mixing it sweat from your face, chest, & arms fall directly into the rice.

Homemade shrimp fried rice. I never eat fried rice at restaurants because my homeboy chef told me you don't even have to put salt in it. They use big *** woks and when your mixing it sweat from your face, chest, & arms fall directly into the rice.
That's what makes it so good!
smokin.gif

Basic black coffee, but I thought this mug from my sister was cool

Homemade biscotti to go with the coffee

Portuguese tarts

IHOP leftovers

Fried plantains

BACON

White Truffle Mac 'N Cheese (parmigiano reggiano & white truffle)

Crispy pata and calamari

Lumpiang sariwa (Fresh spring rolls)

Fried wontons

Grilled chicken and brown rice

Peruvian chicken con chaufa

Fried yuca

Aji sauce is always necessary

Loaded Potato flatbread pizza (queso sauce, crispy shredded potato, cheddar and jack cheese, and bacon topped with sour cream and chives)

Cheesesteak flatbread pizza

Bicol express over rice

Lemon cheesecake

Bangus (Fried milkfish)

Empanadas

Reactions: fx2
That cheesesteak flatbread pizza looks good
It was decent; hit the spot after downing a few brews. The place had a great selection of beers and is relatively close. I'd usually have to hit up Hoboken/Jersey City or NYC to get comparable beer variety.

OMG I LOVE FRESH LUMPIA 

INFO ON PORTOGUESE TARTS?
My tita from Australia was staying over for a few weeks and she came and baked them. She didn't leave the recipe.  
eyes.gif

Neptune Bakery in Jersey City makes some pretty good ones though

Back
Top Bottom