FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

So if i order a mcdouble with mac sauce am i essentially getting a bigmac minus one slice of bread?
People actually order exactly that. 🔥From the Mac, the McDouble is also missing lettuce & tomato. People will literally order a McDouble with lettuce, tomato, and Mac sauce. Ooooor a McDouble with lettuce and Mac sauce. Or a McDouble with tomato and Mac sauce. 🤣

But yeah, same patty.

-foe

I just confirmed by watching Stephen Patula's youtube channel. His vids are him making all the food at his location. I never noticed the mcdouble patties were made to order.

I'm going to post my dinner at Red Robin from yesterday evening in response to jrp44 jrp44 trying to notify me about a $10 deal they have not too long ago on here despite the fact that I've already known about it for months now.

I had the Banzai burger. I can't beat saving a few dollars off the burger and unlimited drinks included in the $10 price.
IMG_6553.JPG

Actually, the Quarter Pounder is the only burger McDonald's cooks to order. As soon as you're done paying for it, *ding*... the grill cook throws it down. Only burger that's true for. And if you order it in drive-through? The grill cook is wearing a headset and actually throws it down as soon as you speak the words. So if you change your mind, he/she is going to waste that patty. Drive through has to be quicker, so that's the reason why as soon as you say it the patty goes down before you pay for it.

That patty never sat in a steamer. Never sat... period.

-foe
I never knew the process of preparing a Quarter Pounder was so dramatic lol. Now you’ve got me wanting to order one, Ska.

So if i order a mcdouble with mac sauce am i essentially getting a bigmac minus one slice of bread?
Yes.

I thought everyone knew this just by looking at the patties or watching them prepare your food in the back. Always pulled out the trays.

Also it'd just be wild unsanitary to keep a quarter pounder patty in a tray and steam to take out when ready.

Was at Costco earlier to buy stuff for Thanksgiving. For lunch had the G.O.A.T. $1.50 hotdog and refillable drink. Wish they still had the chopped onion dispenser.
:lol:
Screenshot_20221115-202957~2.jpg

For some reason Sam's club feels like a depressing version of Costco. Not sure why. Same type deals and layout, just doesn't have that Costco feel. They do have a good French Silk Pie tho. I'm convinced they get it from Bakers Square. Same exact taste.

I'm doing the same for work this year. I made a smoked turkey and then after my other turkey was not cooked all the way (tried to quick thaw a 18 pound bird) I dropped it in the fryer and it was fire. Gonna smoke one again and try to redeem my 2nd one. Although the impromptu fried one was good as hell.

We have our work potluck dinner tomorrow and I might try my hand at stuffing as well. But I typically overdo it and stress myself out. The turkey is enough responsibility :lol:

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican B Sox B Sox ever been to Tatte bakery? They are here in Boston and also DC. I go there for the tuna sandwich and breakfast sandwiches but everything seems good
Been occasionally craving cinnamon rolls for like 3 years now and I saw they had some so I just finally ordered :lol:

dessert table for the potluck
567BBA09-78DA-477D-A826-491041E49312.jpeg

whats in the middle on the bottom row? had a work potluck today with something very similar looking. ours was "chocolate delight" and was some sort of trifle layered thing. amazingly good

whats in the middle on the bottom row? had a work potluck today with something very similar looking. ours was "chocolate delight" and was some sort of trifle layered thing. amazingly good
that’s a tray of banana pudding

Back
Top Bottom