FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

PXL_20230109_015417672.jpg

You asked if it was that different.

It is.
I don't usually make a habit of trying to speak for someone else, but I think the angle DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican was coming from was simply pointing out that at a fundamental level, we're just talking about the combination of sweet + savory. The intensity of the sweetness is increased with a cinnamon roll compared to sweet corn bread, sure, but at a fundamental level, we're still talking about a combination of a sweet + savory.

concept: similar
intensity: different

Kinda where you're going, DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican ?

I don't usually make a habit of trying to speak for someone else, but I think the angle DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican was coming from was simply pointing out that at a fundamental level, we're just talking about the combination of sweet + savory. The intensity of the sweetness is increased with a cinnamon roll compared to sweet corn bread, sure, but at a fundamental level, we're still talking about a combination of a sweet + savory.

concept: similar
intensity: different

Kinda where you're going, DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican ?
My point is the sweetness does matter. That being his first question.

It’s specifically a Cinnabon.

But perhaps y’all are purposely ignoring that.

My point is the sweetness does matter. That being his first question.

It’s specifically a Cinnabon.

But perhaps y’all are purposely ignoring that.
I'm not purposely ignoring anything. Honestly I was just trying to bridge the gap of misunderstanding between each other's points, but I guess we're not doing that. "I said what I said" is all we're doing apparently so y'all got it.

Pretty sure it’s a steak quesadilla, extra cheese with fajitas in the quesadilla. Side of sour cream, mixed with their vinaigrette as a dipping sauce for the quesadilla.

It was blowing up and some chipotles were telling customers they couldn’t put fajitas in the quesadillas lol

It pissed me off when I ordered it the first time and everything came on the side.

Still hits.

I've never heard of Cinnamon Rolls with Chilli b4. But the Midwest is a huge region. A couple plates of food shouldn't define the entire area. Chicago is part of the Midwest & is a great food city. Usually towards the top of food city lists in the U.S. Milwaukee has great food food & beer culture. Detroit is on its way back. But I also haven't spent much time in a lot of the other states so I can't really say how their food is. But there's always "weird" food in every state.

I've never heard of Cinnamon Rolls with Chilli b4. But the Midwest is a huge region. A couple plates of food shouldn't define the entire area. Chicago is part of the Midwest & is a great food city. Usually towards the top of food city lists in the U.S. Milwaukee has great food food & beer culture. Detroit is on its way back. But I also haven't spent much time in a lot of the other states so I can't really say how their food is. But there's always "weird" food in every state.

My wife still talks about travelling a few years ago near Pittsburgh. They have been there a few days and had the usual pizza and stuff. One the way home she thought she'd just have a salad - and it came with a mountain of fries piled on top. Apparently that's what you get around there when you order a salad.

McDonald’s yogurt parfait. Told myself “this is going to be the FIRST McDonald’s item I DON’T like.”

The result? It was absolutely delicious.

Not sure what MCDS uses, but CFA uses a think Greek Yogurt ( naan bread ) , granola, strawberries and blueberries.

It's also very easy to make at home.

I used to eat Greek Yogurt + Grape Nuts + Sliced Bananas as a snack.

I don’t think Mickey D’s used Greek yogurt. If I had to guess it was like a vanilla flavored yogurt maybe. I don’t think they sell them anymore.

Not sure what MCDS uses, but CFA uses a think Greek Yogurt ( naan bread ) , granola, strawberries and blueberries.

It's also very easy to make at home.

I used to eat Greek Yogurt + Grape Nuts + Sliced Bananas as a snack.
What is "naan bread" about "Greek yogurt"

Back
Top Bottom