FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Because my mom always bought the same kind when I was growing up, for years I thought Caraway Seeds = Rye and that’s what made it rye bread.

^ I seen that. Really cool that he’s blowing up on his reviews.. from what I see they’re pretty honest and he’s helping a lot of good small businesses (obvi not talking about chipotle)

For me it’s always everything or egg everything.

I always choose the one that has more in da basket considering they sell at a similar rate, so it’s highly likely that the one that has more in the basket is fresher.

C802B760-BC58-4B20-86A6-67E7D4EDB617.jpeg

Some hanger and flat iron.

What’s the hack? I only get bowls when I hit up chipotle.
Pretty sure it’s a steak quesadilla, extra cheese with fajitas in the quesadilla. Side of sour cream, mixed with their vinaigrette as a dipping sauce for the quesadilla.

It was blowing up and some chipotles were telling customers they couldn’t put fajitas in the quesadillas lol

I don’t think I could make a top 5 list of breads. I think each serves its own purpose and has its own applications where it’s the superior bread for what you’re eating with it.

There’s definitely some grey areas with bread though. I can see why some would classify a croissant as a pastry. One strong gust of wind and King’s Hawaiian is landing in cake territory.

I'm team croissant through and through but think it qualifies as a pastry due to the high fat content. Bread generally has little to no fat

Interestingly no butter roll love in the top 5. I'd probably consider them if they were more available (fresh)
I said the same thing a few pages ago. But I use it for sandwiches all of the time so I consider it a bread. Brioche also has alot of of fat too. But to me, it's just flour kneaded in butter and baked through, so I count it as such.

nah fam it’s bread. no calls it a pastry.

Besides the French? lol Though they’d probably say it’s its own class/neither

I buy croissants at Costco or places that sell only/mostly pastries. Never thought of it as bread

It is bread in that it contains all the ingredients in bread but that’s where the similarities end

We could classify a lot of pastries as bread if that’s what we’re going by

I said the same thing a few pages ago. But I use it for sandwiches all of the time so I consider it a bread. Brioche also has alot of of fat too. But to me, it's just flour kneaded in butter and baked through, so I count it as such.

Both are “Viennoiserie”

I believe croissant dough is roughly 2x the butter of brioche. More milk and no eggs

The difference to me is brioche looks and feels like bread. Croissants look and feel like a pastry

Back
Top Bottom