FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Sloooowwww smoked brisket, burnt ends, caramelized onion, white cheddar and BBQ on parmesan-herb crusted jalapeno cornbread and tomato soup with creme fraiche and jalapeno oil.

Xtra crispy chicken breast, dipped in jalapeno hot sauce with caramelized ham, smoked gouda, onion-blackberry jam on jalapeno cornbread French toast with praline maple syrup for dipping.

Slow roasted pork shoulder, house sweet n' sour sauce, risotto arancini and creamy slaw on a brioche bun.

Chili marinated steak w/ sour Asian pickles, gochujang aioli, bleu cheese and bacon on a toasted roll.

Crispy, pan fried steak, fresh mozzarella, aaalllllll day  ragu on a crusty Italian roll.

Sloppy joe grilled cheese w/ gouda, muenster and white cheddar on jalapeno cornbread.

Extra crispy, double fried chicken, jasmine rice, kimchi, pickled veggies, cucumber, chiles, and cilantro chimichurri in a grilled burrito wrap.

First time having Korean style chicken feet. (Dakbal) On hit & super spicy.
damn I don't know why the pic isn't showing up.

Last edited:
Free Range :pimp:

When I tried it, I'm almost certain one of the cooks was some cat who smoked me out several years back at a sneaker line-up :lol:

Pan con lechon from palacio de los jugos

Salad at home with tenders from publix

2 piece from Spring Chicken, new place in south miami. I'm normally a dark meat guy, but damn that breast was juicy

Table to Joe's Stone crabs

Didn't even realize all the fried chicken lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Soda and swine chicken meatballs

Some Italian spot in SD Buono something

Gordita and chicken taco from la fachada

My neck of the woods :pimp:

If you're still around, make sure to hit up lucha libre for a surf and turf burrito

I leave tomorrow. I went to gas lamp and hit up don chida which was damn good.

Now I'm at surf club for bebidas

Lucia Libre Was just ok to me. I liked was there salsa bar though. Went to Crack Shack in Little Italy today. Sandwiches are good but the sauces suck. Joint cost me nearly 20 bucks with fries and no drink :lol: :x

Last edited:
Lucia Libre Was just ok to me. I liked was there salsa bar though. Went to Crack Shack in Little Italy today. Sandwiches are good but the sauces suck. Joint cost me nearly 20 bucks with fries and no drink :lol: :x

Luche libre is my ish son. I always get the surfin California.

NYC people:

I COME TO YOU. Help me overindulge in great food. Halal Cart, Shake Shack...and some off the beat places. I'll be in Harlem.

NYC people:

I COME TO YOU. Help me overindulge in great food. Halal Cart, Shake Shack...and some off the beat places. I'll be in Harlem.
Pizza - Paulie Gee's

Italian - Defonte's

Sandwiches - Num Pang

Definitely try Halal Cart on 53rd/6th too.

Yea Lucha Libre's salsa bar is what really shines. Whatever the creamy green sauce is is amazing.

Crack Shack was really just ok for me too. Agreed with the sauces. Rather have Heinz on the table over their bland house-made ketchup and Hidden valley ranch over whatever runny stuff they had. Chimichurri was cool but didn't really go with the sandwich or fries I had.

Not from NY but

1. Halal Cart is overrated
2. Shake Shack > in N out, don't go during peak hours
3. If you go to Katz, save some room for bagel & lox from Russ & Daughters beside
4. I heard Luke's Lobster fell off
5. Ippudo is good but see if Ichiran nyc open yet
6. Artichoke pizza is just ok
7. Baohaus is nothing special

Last edited:
Happy hour eats for my last night in LA.

Shrimp Diablo
*****ito Peppers
some bomb *** Brussel Sprouts
Biscuit to soak up all them Old Fashioneds.

Back
Top Bottom