FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Crispy chicken breast, dipped in jalapeno hot sauce.

Topped with candied bacon-maytag bleu fondu and celery slaw on a brioche bun.

Braised short rib grilled cheese on sourdough with melted havarti, caramelized onion, sautéed spinach, fried egg, and cilantro pesto.

Shaved prime rib, gravy, hash browns and griddled cheese on a soft roll with ketchup and malt vinegar aioli.

Red pepper shrimp salad with couscous, cucumber, tomato, red onion, edamame, avocado, crumbled feta, and artichoke hearts all tossed in a lemon-basil vinaigrette.

Slow roasted and marinated pork tenderloin on a toasted sourdough roll with sun-dried tomato spread, arugula, pickled veggies, salt n' vinegar kettle chips and cilantro chimichurri.

Chicken fried beef tenderlion on cheese whipped potatoes with bacon braised brussel sprouts topped with sausage gravy!

AAAALLLLLLLL night, slow smoked pork shoulder, raclette, sour cherry BBQ sauce, fried onion rings and buttermilk coleslaw on an onion bun.

Melted Havarti and jack cheeses with caramelized onions, roasted tomato, bacon, and jalapeno pesto on grilled sourdough with a cup of chipotle tomato soup.

NT's Gigantic Italian Grilled Cheese.

Griddled thick sliced garlic bread, fried mozzarella, havarti, meatballs, shaved pepperoni and alllll day alllll night ragu.

Slow roasted, thin sliced ribeye on grilled sourdough with melted Havarti, horseradish-mustard mayo, slaw, tomato, red onion, bacon and arugula.

Maine lobster, shrimp, broccoli, snap peas, jalapeno, corn, herbs and jasmine fried rice.

Loaded in a grilled burrito with teriyaki slaw and dragon sauce.

Extra crispy, buttermilk fried chicken, biscuit gravy, hot sauce, biscuit and an over-easy egg in a grilled burrito wrap.

Last edited:
Tofu and flounder fish ball cooked with Bok Choy, wood-ear mushroom, carrot, and mushroom in chicken soup

Chopped duck, tofu skins, mushrooms, leeks in Szechuan hot pot

Stir-fried chicken in Szechuan chili paste with leek, celery, jalapeno. and Thai basil

Mixed seafood and vegetables

Xiao long bao (soup dumplings)

Sausage, egg, and cheese melt with hash browns

Spring roll

Key Lime Pie

Knock-off chicken and waffles from IHOP 
laugh.gif

Beef patty

Nachos

Pan fried noodles

Cuban sandwich

Cold brew cofee, latte, and nitro-cold brew coffee

Fish tacos

Ceviche

Cuban sandwich

Ground beef stuffed potato

Here we go...

Guadalajara, Jalisco :nthat:

Tacos! by chiva1908, on Flickr

Tacos de Polanco by chiva1908, on Flickr

Torta Ahogada x Pacificos by chiva1908, on Flickr

Torta Ahogada del de las Bici by chiva1908, on Flickr

Same taco spot, ate there three nights in a row :lol:

Nieve de Garrafa con Chamoy

Vegeterian Michelada, it's basically a michelada with cucumber and jicama... SSSSOOOO Good tho, and it was at the stadium...

San Diego:

Full Rack Dinner by chiva1908, on Flickr

LA:

Mike's Deli on Slauson

Elephant Bar in Downey

Homemade shrimp cocktails, no red-meat on Fridays...

Arry's in Montebello

Killer Shrimp in Marina Del Rey

Fried chicken dinner for under $6 @ Chris' Burgers in El Monte

Mango x Tajin

Was craving doughnuts one night, Picked up a dozen after work...

Taquitos from some spot in El Monte, forgot the name...

California Fish Grill in gardena

Draft House 20/20 in Downey

I think rck has a hand fetish. He complimented my hands when I posted the chips I won in Vegas. Slightly disturbed

chiva1908 chiva1908 Phils BBQ? That place is the GOODS!

As a San Diegan, it's ok.

What's a must have bbq place out there then?

I'm headed there in a few weeks and I usually eat from La Posta De Acapulco's often. It's one of my favorite places in the entire world :lol:

If you've never been to Phil's, it might be worth a visit during the weekday. Avoid it during the weekend unless you're cool with a 2 hour wait. You can also drive out to the other locations outside of SD which tends to be less busy if you still want to try it during a weekend.

Honestly there's no must have BBQ in SD. Brisket is great at Iron Pig, St Louis ribs great at Felix's, Phil's is pretty good all around....but that's about it. People like Coop's, but I couldn't get down with their thin sauce that tasted like blended prunes. Bull's BBQ is terrible, duno how that got 4 stars on Yelp. I think they put their brisket in a crockpot with soy sauce and call it a day :x

edit: forgot the new spot that just opened, Grand Ole BBQ y Asado. Pretty good place that has outdoor seating on the asphalt. The short ribs had good flavor but was cut too thick so it was chewy. Whatever cut of sliced beef I had was delicious, tender and smokey. They apparently run out of food quickly if you go later towards the end of lunch or dinner services though. They ran out of tri-tip by the time I got there. It's BYOB so that's cool, and you can also take your food next door to Thorn St. Brewery for beers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom