FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Rockfish and my usual assortment of middle eastern sides

20230511_151826.jpg
20230512_034427.jpg

I never had the yellow dragon fruit.

Papayas have to be perfectly ripe. If it's not ripe enough there is no flavor. If it is overripe it's mushy and tastes off.

I don't think DragonFruit is talked about enough and/or accessible to enough folks for it to be overrated forreal.

I doubt the average American could point one out without help.

An overrated drink is Mexican Coke. People hyped it up so much and said it's so much better than American Coke because it uses cane sugar. I bought a pack at Costco and was disappointed. Tasted less crisp and wasn't as carbonated. Merican high fructose corn syrup Coke >

I'll throw most barbeque (American) into the overrated category

Only because it's very highly rated, difficult to make, and is often lackluster

I don’t like to use the term “overrated” with popular food items. Just because I may not love something doesn’t mean to me that the people who do are overeating it. Tiramisu is a good example. It’s ok to me; not something I ever chose. But I’ve seen wifey get borderline orgasmic eating it. Who am I to say she’s overrating it?

Tiramisu >

I get those little individually packed ones at Costco on occasion

Not the best you'll have but pretty solid for pre-made

Is it overrated or are there just a lot of people/spots making below average BBQ?

Tiramisu's lack of body makes me feel like I am wasting calories anytime I come in contact with it. Every time I try it I end up saying, "Why did I even bother."

Is it overrated or are there just a lot of people/spots making below average BBQ?

Both / that is part of its overrated-ness

Ease of making something or finding it at a restaurant is part of the equation imo

For that same reason staples like pizza, tacos, burgers don’t fall into that category because of how simple they are to find or make

Tiramisu's lack of body makes me feel like I am wasting calories anytime I come in contact with it. Every time I try it I end up saying, "Why did I even bother."

Tiramisu getting the WOC tag? :smh:

I would’ve thought its lack of overt sweetness would be appreciated

Both / that is part of its overrated-ness

Ease of making something or finding it at a restaurant is part of the equation imo

For that same reason staples like pizza, tacos, burgers don’t fall into that category because of how simple they are to find or make

Tiramisu getting the WOC tag? :smh:

I would’ve thought its lack of overt sweetness would be appreciated

I don't understand this logic.

Why would, "Ease of making something or finding it at a restaurant" be factored into the equation?

I say that because numerically There is a LOT of below average pizza, burgers, and tacos out there as well. Probably more in a raw #'s sense than BBQ since they ARE more common.

Tiramisu would be better to me if it was in light cake form than whatever it would be considered now.

I can see this as well.

Most BBQ is “okay” from my experience, but costs as much as I’d expect the real top tier BBQ to be. :smh:

An overrated drink is Mexican Coke. People hyped it up so much and said it's so much better than American Coke because it uses cane sugar. I bought a pack at Costco and was disappointed. Tasted less crisp and wasn't as carbonated. Merican high fructose corn syrup Coke >
Always thought this too. Mexican crush orange soda is way better than USA ones tho

EYE think all soda tastes best in a can, except maybe orange soda is better in a plastic bottle for some reason

I don't understand this logic.

Why would, "Ease of making something or finding it at a restaurant" be factored into the equation?

It should come down to what the average experience is with said food

Both the highs and lows, not only what they are at their finest

Barbecue highs are so few and far between it doesn’t balance out

I say that because numerically There is a LOT of below average pizza, burgers, and tacos out there as well. Probably more in a raw #'s sense than BBQ since they ARE more common.

I mean sure there are, but those should be easy enough to avoid for the most part

Avoiding below average bbq basically means to stop eating it out just about everywhere and to buy a smoker

There should never be THAT much milk left in the 2nd pouring of cereal.

If you are going for bowl #2, you add more cereal THEN you add a little more milk.
If you’ve poured the milk properly, when you’re finished there should be almost no more milk. Otherwise you’ve added too much.

The more milk you’ve added, the more likely you are to waste calories.

Back
Top Bottom