FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

People really need to get over the American cheese aversion.

It's the perfect cheese for a burger, but people avoid it for a multitude of bad reasons. "Fancier" isn't always better.

You give me a burger with some "elevated" cheese that melts like dog**** and I'm stealing something from your house.
American is the only acceptable cheese on a burger.

People really need to get over the American cheese aversion.

It's the perfect cheese for a burger, but people avoid it for a multitude of bad reasons. "Fancier" isn't always better.

You give me a burger with some "elevated" cheese that melts like dog**** and I'm stealing something from your house.
melts like dog **** is a nt extreme though. you act like american cheese is the only one that melts.
please show me which cheese doesn't melt that you are getting on burgers :lol:

IMG_1957.jpeg
Beautiful :emoji_heart_eyes:

So I had the opportunity to try Whataburger in Texas and words cannot express how disappointed I was. I know people that have driven from LA to Arizona just to get a Whataburger.
I know some people that swear it's better than In N Out :lol:

That **** was slightly better Burger King ol mustard *** burger :sick:

the blackstone is a quality product

I really need to bite the bullet and just get one

Been trying to avoid adding another outdoor cooking appliance but it’s inevitable :lol:

Been doing struggle smashmouth cooking in either 1 or 2 cast irons on the stove. Takes forever

Also looking to add an outdoor wok setup at some point :nerd:

I really need to bite the bullet and just get one

Been trying to avoid adding another outdoor cooking appliance but it’s inevitable :lol:

Been doing struggle smashmouth cooking in either 1 or 2 cast irons on the stove. Takes forever

Also looking to add an outdoor wok setup at some point :nerd:
you wont regret it. it's very affordable too. i got my 4 burner for like 300 bucks.
just used it last night for porkchops. no mess in the kitchen. no lingering smell. cooked all 8 porkchops at the same time and it was delicious. its the most practical extra cooking method i have.

melts like dog **** is a nt extreme though. you act like american cheese is the only one that melts.
please show me which cheese doesn't melt that you are getting on burgers :lol:
Nah comparatively even something like cheddar doesn’t melt all that great.

I’ve never eaten a burger with American and thought “this is a good burger, but some cheddar (or other bull**** ***
cheese) would really set it off.”

If you’re gonna try to elevate a simple food you should have a special talent to do so, but slapping a fancier cheese on the same damn burger isn’t gonna help anything 99 times out of 100.

I should add, with Ethiopian food I can do without Injera. Its a waste of calories and Im not a fan of the texture.

I just raw dog all the sauces then cry later when I have heart burn. :lol:

if you don't eat tibs and wot without injera, what do you have with them?

i'm a carb-loving person so I slam down an obscene amount of injera. my favorite is the large piece they lay underneath all the entrees on the platter. it sponges up all the seasoning and flavor and by the time you're done, it's a perfect way to top off the meal.

if you don't eat tibs and wot without injera, what do you have with them?

i'm a carb-loving person so I slam down an obscene amount of injera. my favorite is the large piece they lay underneath all the entrees on the platter. it sponges up all the seasoning and flavor and by the time you're done, it's a perfect way to top off the meal.

Rice....

It would be perfect with naan but im not tryna bastardize somebodys culture.

Ive had tibs with pita, that also works

Back
Top Bottom