FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I don’t know where you guys are getting your spicy CFA sandwiches where they’re bland. I actually made a point to stop and acknowledge how it was very juicy and flavorful for its price point the last time I had one.

It’s better than the Popeyes sandwich by a decent margin and it blows the other comparably-priced sandwiches out of the water IMO.

Dinner
IMG_20230521_204647.jpg

Entered my first food competition. A chili cook-off in bmore. Didn’t win but some of the people’s reactions were priceless. Was offered to buy the rest of the chili and suggested to go on the food network several times. The guy that won was apparently featured on diners drive inns etc or something like that.

Chili was made with 3 meats and 3 chilis.
Smoked brisket
Ground beef
Hickory smoked bacon

Serrano
Jalapeño
Ancho chili

Shout out B Sox B Sox came thru and supported.

IMG_8498.jpeg
IMG_8448.jpeg
IMG_8450.jpeg
IMG_5698.jpeg
IMG_8449.jpeg

Last edited:
I don’t know where you guys are getting your spicy CFA sandwiches where they’re bland. I actually made a point to stop and acknowledge how it was very juicy and flavorful for its price point the last time I had one.

It’s better than the Popeyes sandwich by a decent margin and it blows the other comparably-priced sandwiches out of the water IMO.

If anything the spicy has the opposite problem. Spice blend is salty and very distinct

Sometimes I'm not so sure it's the ideal flavor of a chicken sandwich

Entered my first food competition. A chili cook-off in bmore. Didn’t win but some of the people’s reactions were priceless. Was offered to buy the rest of the chili and suggested to go on the food network several times. The guy that won was apparently featured on diners drive inns etc or something like that.

Smoked brisket
Ground beef
Hickory smoked bacon

Serrano
Jalapeño
Ancho chili

IMG_8498.jpeg
IMG_8448.jpeg
IMG_8450.jpeg
IMG_5698.jpeg
IMG_8449.jpeg
Chili was fire. Going to need that recipe!!

You should’ve won!

Smoked brisket
Ground beef
Hickory smoked bacon

Serrano
Jalapeño
Ancho chili

IMG_8498.jpeg
IMG_8448.jpeg
IMG_8450.jpeg
IMG_5698.jpeg
IMG_8449.jpeg

Chili was fire. Going to need that recipe!!

You should’ve won!

T-shirt and Jordan combo also top notch.

If I’m eating something like a chili dog where the chili isn’t the star? No beans.

If the chili is the star? Throw those damn beans in.

I like a combo of black and kidney beans with some of that residual bean juice to thicken it up.

Some lowkey flavors that could put something over the edge but folks may never know:

Nutmeg
smoked paprika
fish sauce
coconut milk
Bay leaves
Bone broth (making it)
Scotch bonnet (the flavor more than the spice)

Back
Top Bottom