FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Damn Chiva, that egg **** at the top of the page. Drool.

Thapointguy, what do you spice that porklion with? is the Alfredo sauce from scratch?
Sorry for the late late reply. Pork came already seasoned from the supermarket (FoodMaxx to be exact). It's vacuum packed so it's already marinated so you pop it in the oven with the bag it came in. Besides it has bacon in it so you don't have to buy that. Sauce was store bought unfortunately. I'll try to make it from scratch one of these days.

omg all these food pics :pimp: it's hard to stick around this thread on the regular lol

Homemade "Boiling Crab - Whole Shabang"
You wanna share a recipe?

Going to the bay this weekend and for the exception of Saturday evening, we're going to be grabbing food at various places.

Where is the best Dim Sun? Mexican? Will be in Oakland most of the time with a Friday afternoon/evening visit to SF. Thanks in advance! I'll be sure to take hella pics
try asking in the norcal forum. There's a food thread in there . My one recommendation is tacos sinaloa in Oakland

Real talk, how do you guys find these places to eat? Do you guys use apps like Yelp to help you out? I've always wanted to go eat at all those places Guy Fieri shows on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.

Real talk, how do you guys find these places to eat? Do you guys use apps like Yelp to help you out? I've always wanted to go eat at all those places Guy Fieri shows on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.

I use Yelp A LOT. Anything with 4 or more stars PLUS a lot of reviews (in the hundreds) = a must try, imo. :lol: :smokin

I also ask around. Ask people who live near the areas and out their go-to spots, etc... it's almost like hunting for shoes. Just keep utilizing resources. :lol:

I use Yelp A LOT. Anything with 4 or more stars PLUS a lot of reviews (in the hundreds) = a must try, imo. :lol: :smokin

I also ask around. Ask people who live near the areas and out their go-to spots, etc... it's almost like hunting for shoes. Just keep utilizing resources. :lol:

Same. My friends make fun of me when I pull out yelp to find places to eat, but it works so well. haha. But just asking around, browsing instagram, things just pop
up and friends will mention it here and there. Lots of cool foods no matter where you live.

Also, food from the last week or so.

Organic Turkey/Bacon/Avocado sandwich from HomeGrown in Seattle.

Spicy Fried Chicken from Pop-Eyes

Vanilla Latte and Strawberry Biscuit from Milstead in Seattle

Also, an AVO burger from EggSlut that I forgot to post.

Last edited:
i bookmark a lot of stuff on yelp

Man the last few pages..

10 tacos (fish, carnitas, chicken, chorizo, and short rib) frm Tacolicious in San Francisco

I found out you can put an egg on carne asada fries frm Baldos :lol:

Snicker doodle cookie with cookie dough ice cream frm C.R.E.A.M. In Berkeley

Last edited:
Happy New Year to everyone...

I went to my in-laws house for a new year's brunch. There was so much great food & drink but I felt kinda weird snapping a pic of my plate because there were so many people around.

I had wings & waffles, mac & cheese, collard greens, black eyed peas, jambalaya, shrimp & grits, & more. Everything was home made. Best of all someone made some curry chicken & callaloo!!!

Here's a pic of my 10 year old son getting down to a nice bowl of collard greens after dusting off some wings & waffles & some bacon. That boys loves bacon... He's sporting the black Neymar shirt & green & black hypervenoms that he got for Christmas. :nthat:

Last edited:

Most places I already knew of. Some I heard through word of mouth. I've gone to eat at spots that I checked out in the NT Southern California forum, but most stopped posting. It's mostly me posting now with some heads sprinkled here and there...

Google is nice too. I'll google what I want and in what area, then I'll yelp whatever pops up from the searches.

Homemade BBQ chicken sliders on King's Hawaiian Rolls w/ Salt and Pepper Kettle Chips...

(I forgot what's in the upper right corner. Pasta was bomb though.) :lol:
That boil looks :pimp:.
I usually just throw crab, shrimp, crayfish, clams, corn, etc. together and boil it in plain water. Might add some spices to the mix next time.

Chiva is NT's Anthony Bourdain or Eddie Huang...

Seriously Chiva, you got an SLR right? You should film your travels around your city & post them on youtube. I'd watch 'em... Think about it...

Lettuce Wraps by chiva1908, on Flickr
(My girl said these were "healthy" lol)

(Needed Energy this day. Got off of work at 10pm, and was back at 430 am :x)

Last but not least, pops getting down on New Year's Day. Have done this for idk how many years. Everyone loves it, plus he gets like 120 pounds (or so) of meat to cook...

If you're Mexican, you know what's in that cazo... :smokin

You wanna share a recipe?

Follow this video and you should be STRAIGHT. Mess with the ingredient amounts to fit your liking.

1. Make sure you keep it on low heat and stir it periodically like she says. It won't dissolve completely, so you make get a 'chunky' type feel to the ingredients. It's just all the spices mixed together.

2. Depending on the level of spicy you want, the way she has it is pretty damn spicy. :lol: So we took it down a notch and only did a TSP of Cayenne Pepper and a TSP of the Lousiana Hot Sauce as opposed to 2 TBSP's of each.

Good luck!

I found out you can put an egg on carne asada fries

:wow: :wow: :pimp:

Earthen Restaurant Rowland Heights, CA
House chicken
The chicken is served cold in some garlic type of sauce over some cucumbers. It's weird at first but it's definitely good.

Kung pao shrimp

Green onion pancake

In N Out
You have to order the bun extra toasted with WHOLE grilled onions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom