FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Thai past night. I had the roti-massaman which is roti with massaman sauce, potato, chicken, fries onion & garlic. The curry had a nice coconutty flavor to it.

I had the pineapple fried rice which was really good. This place is always good times & food/service is consistently good. Also pictured is their ocean mocktail, noodles & some other rice dish & fried ice cream.
20230714_194351.jpg
20230714_202753.jpg
20230714_203414.jpg
20230714_203859.jpg
20230714_210902.jpg
20230714_210905.jpg
20230714_210911.jpg
20230714_213446.jpg

Thai past night. I had the roti-massaman which is roti with massaman sauce, potato, chicken, fries onion & garlic. The curry had a nice coconutty flavor to it.

I had the pineapple fried rice which was really good. This place is always good times & food/service is consistently good. Also pictured is their ocean mocktail, noodles & some other rice dish & fried ice cream.
20230714_194351.jpg
20230714_202753.jpg
20230714_203414.jpg
20230714_203859.jpg
20230714_210902.jpg
20230714_210905.jpg
20230714_210911.jpg
20230714_213446.jpg
Food looks good. Do you eat the mint and cucumber? I always thought it was garnish so I toss them.

Greetings from Austin
IMG_20230715_092406~2.jpg
Man, as much as I plan to take that trip that wait never looks good.
The wait at Franklin's is fun, everyone is drinking beer right in the morning.

Hol up...that the WAIT!?!? :wow: I did a quick Google and this woman said she went on a weekday at 7:15AM (they got #s 10 and 11) and waited four hours..ON A WEEKDAY :wow:

Apparently you can order pickup but that's not going to to be the same. Also, the line gets shorter if you arrive after they have opened but you run the risk of missing out on some meats |l

I'm sure Austin, TX has a service where someone will wait in line for you, right? The only problem is that it's Texas so I would be a lil shook of getting shot over a spot in line :lol:

According to their posted hours they don't open til 11 :lol:

Wow, didn't realize that! She did an hour-by-hour recap and said this around 10AM
10:00 am: Line is still growing! This is, I think, the worst time to get in line. It’s super long, there’s still an hour to go until the place opens, and the back half of the line has no shade or fans so it’s hot. See the back of the line in the parking lot? It’s stretching around those car back there, and it’s about 95 degrees at this point!

Keep in mind, this was a weekday so you know it's even crazier right now for a Saturday! Saw something in the comments about a 7 hour wait :wow: I am really looking forward to what walkingBred walkingBred has to say about the campout and food :lol:

My ice cream was delivered while I was doing my bid:
IMG_0679.jpeg
IMG_0680.jpeg
IMG_0681.jpeg

They’re all excellent, but I presented them from best to worst.

Everything bagel just fires on all cylinders for me. Sweet cream cheese ice cream base with the savory component giving it a complexity that weirdly works and isn’t comparable to any other ice cream I’ve had before. Glad I copped 3 pints to share with friends.

Goat cheese with cherries has a unique taste while still being enjoyable for the masses. The base is just funky enough to keep me interested, and the cherries really help round it out. Really does taste like a cherry cheesecake. Would cop again without thinking.

Brandied banana brulee is my girlfriend’s favorite, but my least due to the lack of complexity. It’s really tasty, but it’s just sweet on sweet on sweet. I also think it needs more of the burnt sugar bits. Texture is a bit too smooth for something like this IMO.

Regardless of rankings I’d gladly buy all of these again. Just wish the everything bagel was more accessible.

IMG_0679.jpeg
IMG_0680.jpeg
IMG_0681.jpeg

Everything bagel just fires on all cylinders for me. Sweet cream cheese ice cream base with the savory component giving it a complexity that weirdly works and isn’t comparable to any other ice cream I’ve had before. Glad I copped 3 pints to share with friends.

Goat cheese with cherries has a unique taste while still being enjoyable for the masses. The base is just funky enough to keep me interested, and the cherries really help round it out. Really does taste like a cherry cheesecake. Would cop again without thinking.

Brandied banana brulee is my girlfriend’s favorite, but my least due to the lack of complexity. It’s really tasty, but it’s just sweet on sweet on sweet. I also think it needs more of the burnt sugar bits. Texture is a bit too smooth for something like this IMO.

Regardless of rankings I’d gladly buy all of these again. Just wish the everything bagel was more accessible.

Thank you for the review! Where did you order from?

IMG_0679.jpeg
IMG_0680.jpeg
IMG_0681.jpeg

I've heard great things about the everything bagel one. I love everything bagels. I might have to buy this

Back
Top Bottom