FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

wendys ghost pepper ranch chicken sandwhich is fire... also a double double, with grilled onions and chopped chilis is amazing

the first time i had in n out i wasn't crazy about it (fries in particular). but it grew on me more and more each time to where i absolutely love it now. but i can understand why people might think it's mid or trash
As can I when some people try to say it’s the best burger on the planet. It’s not. But it’s the best at what it is actually doing, and that’s providing a really good quality burger meal with fresh ingredients for a low price and amazing consistency.

That’s why it’s amazing.

Daves-Tripple-Burger.png

In And Out could never

no one but weirdos take it more seriously than it is. it’s our comfort fast food. the way people like to act like gordon ramsey over fast food meals is wild to me.
they are all minimally different.

people are just proud because it’s from here

Yea, ppl saying Whataburger is more than just fast food is news to me. I used to go to DFW for vacation every summer growing up and lived there for a couple years in the late 2000's. It was always just a regular fast food joint to the locals. I still get a burger whenever I'm in Texas. Usually during late hours after drinking. Got the regular cheeseburger this time around. Tastes like a Whopper per usual.
IMG_20230716_003716~2.jpg

I've had In and out on my trip to Cali, super over-rated!! Imo Steak N Shake is way better, might be the best overall imo.
I had In n Out in Phoenix. Solely based on that experience, I prefer Culvers and Shake Shack. This isn't a final review tho. The one in Phoenix might have been off. My brother said the ones in Cali tasted better & they undercooked the beef a bit in Phoenix. I'm waiting try one in Cali to make a final judgement. Plus need to try Animal style.

No. Wendy’s is overpriced and their only real selling point is their never frozen beef.

In N Out offers that at a much better price and far more consistency.

The only thing you get at Wendy’s is more variety on the menu (nuggets and such). But again, you’ll be let down by In N Out if you don’t know what to expect. It’s been broken down here time and time again, WHY In N Out is so loved here.

Wendy’s is ok when there’s not much else around, but on cheat nights I find myself legitimately wanting In N Out. That’s the difference.
I haven’t been to Wendy’s in about 5 years but it used to be a step above regular fast food - with baked potatoes and half decent salads and stuff but for a low price. Is it not anymore?

I had In n Out in Phoenix. Solely based on that experience, I prefer Culvers and Shake Shack. This isn't a final review tho. The one in Phoenix might have been off. My brother said the ones in Cali tasted better & they undercooked the beef a bit in Phoenix. I'm waiting try one in Cali to make a final judgement. Plus need to try Animal style.
its a beef patty on bread with american cheese
how much better can it be?
is there supposed to be better teenager cooks over there?
different meat?
different equipment?

no its exactly the same fam. that's how franchises work.

Is the point not that it’s a solid cheap burger like a Wendy’s?

And in turn Californians are getting hurt because other folks aren’t putting it on some undeserving tier above?
Man

Are you referring to the Baconator at $18 out the door?
661F920F-2D88-42CF-A255-2C148A391396.jpeg

Or the Dave’s double at $16 out the door?
B3FEB10D-B1B3-4FE8-8F3F-B9F538C015D6.jpeg

You wanna say they should be in the same convo as
$9.15 plus tax for a double double combo?
FE9813BE-F1A7-4D04-9B9D-8D47806D5BA3.jpeg

That’s roughly a 52% difference between the baconator and the #1

And a 43% difference between the Dave’s double and the #1

Again - y’all are missing the point.

Genuine question- Does Wendy’s cut their potatoes fresh as they make the fries like In n Out does? The fries aren’t glorious, but again, fresh as can be.

Back
Top Bottom