FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

IMG_9033.jpeg

IMG_9031.jpeg

IMG_9032.jpeg

Fire dumplings from Lao Bei Fang in Elmhurst, Queens

IMG_3991.jpeg
These look really good. Ugh, I hate the fact my favorite Halal Chinese spot closed few years ago. They attempted a comeback about a year ago but sadly didn't live up to the OG spot vibe/quality. I may swing by again one of these days & see if its gotten any better now that the "we are back" dust has settled.

Nah, man. This is ****ed up. I borrowed against assets to bet it all on the sure thing in zmaqbool zmaqbool , step away for a week and come back to see that DeadsetAce DeadsetAce has a substantial lead :wow: This has to be some sort of collusion and set up between DSA and DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican that started on or around June 14.

I still have faith because this motivated zmaqbool zmaqbool . He is about to go Game 6 Bron for the rest of 2023.
1690738281781.gif

This timing is good because I am going to put something down on the over for his # of slices in August and now know to expect a big 4th Quarter from DSA when he goes back for the Holidays. This might come down the wire after all
I need to strategize & re-work my game plan. Local options may not do it, I might have to do one of my famous tri-state area pizza runs to make up for the lost time, lol & catch up. Got a few spots in CT I want to hit up as well as Jersey. Might just might come close to DeadsetAce DeadsetAce slice total...got to do all this before he heads to Mass for the holidays or it's pretty much game over. Man is sniping us pizza lovers out of the race 1 by 1 :lol: . I must dig deep into my bag of tricks for this game 6 performance if I want to take this to a decisive game 7.

Slice #24 & 25

Dimo's Pizza

Somewhere in the pizza thread or in this thread I mentioned how I hate pineapple pizza, but I'd give it a try again since I haven't had it since I was a kid. This was the first slice since I nearly threw up all those years ago :lol: . Not even gonna front, it was kinna good. The speck and cherry peppers helped balance the flavors giving it a sweet, savory, and spicy combo. Not something I'd order regularly , but it was a whole lot better than I expected it to be.

SPECK DI LUNA
crème fraiche, speck, gochujang glazed grilled pineapple, cherry peppers, chopped rosemary, arugula, red pepper flakes, olive oil

DIMO FLORENTINE
Sliced baby heirloom tomatoes, and sautéed spinach on a marinara and mozzarella base, topped with crumbled feta cheese.
IMG_20230731_222400~2.jpg

These look really good. Ugh, I hate the fact my favorite Halal Chinese spot closed few years ago. They attempted a comeback about a year ago but sadly didn't live up to the OG spot vibe/quality. I may swing by again one of these days & see if its gotten any better now that the "we are back" dust has settled.

Those dumplings have pork but I do believe the restaurant has a vegetable dumplings option.

I’m gonna try for a record night on my birthday, I think we’re gonna end up doing pizza. I think my count is at 7 currently, and I’ll be looking to make significant progress that night.

Back
Top Bottom