FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

They said it’s piping hot but they look stale asf. 🤢 damn BK, edit your lies in app below. You can SEE how stale those fries are. Served by 2 elderly women working the 1pm onward shift. Not being misogynistic or anything but…
Of course… women… they don’t give a ****, they’ll serve you anything.:stoneface: Like dude it’s visibly obvious they are STALE. 🤮

Normally, it’s a bunch of guys there working and the food is always really good… today is the first day I’ve seen those two ladies.

IMG_6325.jpeg

IMG_6324.jpeg
Gotta let your nuts hang and tell mfs to make a new batch of fries

Nyc day 2

Dutch Baby Bakery - huevos rancheros and a peach mimosa

20230923_114212.jpg

Anita La Mamma Del Gelato - half caramel cheesecake cookie half chocolate cookies and cream

20230923_175735.jpg

Nowon -
Whipped ricotta toast, chopped cheese rice cakes (not pictured), jae's chicken bun, lots of drinks :lol: (also not pictured). Loved this place
20230923_200530.jpg

20230923_203105.jpg

Attachments

• 20230923_114212.jpg
    20230923_114212.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 5
Yea that was all over my fb balut group.
Just curious, but what was the reaction from the group about it? Mad like the people quoted in that article?

Not judging either way, but trying to get a sense of the press coverage of the situation vs. the actual situation.

I know you ain’t ask me so I’ll put mine in a spoiler

It is pretty ignorant and careless for Doja Cat to paint something from someone else’s culture in such a negative light, just because it’s not something you’d enjoy or normally see in yours. And to do so incorrectly is just adding fuel to a flame of people who think that balut is appalling, gross, and essentially a circus show.

Obviously balut isn’t a live animal, but it is notorious for being a “disgusting” food to people outside of Filipino culture. It’s easy to poke at and make fun of. But what she did is just stupid tbh.

I, myself, am not “offended”.. But I did read that article and just shake my head, and think how stupid and ignorant she sounds taking a dish from the culture I grew up in and using it to (incorrectly) send a message like that. It’s just going to cause even MORE people to think that Filipino food is only lumpia and balut. :smh:

I’ve decided to graduate from $12 ice cream pints in favor of an even more expensive mixed 6 pack from Morgensterns. I have the following flavors arriving next Wednesday:
Raw Milk
Burnt Honey Vanilla
Raspberry Black Sesame
Banana S’mores
Green Tea Pistachio
Tajin Tropical Punch (sorbet)

They have a lot of other flavors that sound interesting, but this is a good start. Will report back.

I know you ain’t ask me so I’ll put mine in a spoiler

It is pretty ignorant and careless for Doja Cat to paint something from someone else’s culture in such a negative light, just because it’s not something you’d enjoy or normally see in yours. And to do so incorrectly is just adding fuel to a flame of people who think that balut is appalling, gross, and essentially a circus show.

Obviously balut isn’t a live animal, but it is notorious for being a “disgusting” food to people outside of Filipino culture. It’s easy to poke at and make fun of. But what she did is just stupid tbh.

I, myself, am not “offended”.. But I did read that article and just shake my head, and think how stupid and ignorant she sounds taking a dish from the culture I grew up in and using it to (incorrectly) send a message like that. It’s just going to cause even MORE people to think that Filipino food is only lumpia and balut. :smh:
Thanks man. I appreciate the candid response.

And apologies for not including in the question originally; I honestly did not think at the time about you being Filipino, whereas SC kid SC kid has been closely connected with Balut consumption in this thread for a pretty long time. Just an oversight on my part. My bad.

Back
Top Bottom