FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

what makes it french? 👀

Not sure if you are serious or it’s a thread inside joke but it’s because of the amount of egg/egg yolk. The standard is something like 1% and above that you have to call it custard or French. Van Leeuwen is like 5X the threshold so they went with French (they are Brooklyn-based and that sounds way cooler than custard).

I know this because when I first copped I had the same question and have always remembered :lol:

Had to cheat on my girl Jeni tonight with a french joint |l
IMG_2947.jpeg
May I ask the price on this, Stormio?

3rd and final day of NYC trip

Dominique Ansel - Apple, rhubarb, and marscarpone cronut. Raspberry and pistachio tart

20230924_105712.jpg

Emmett's

20230924_141937.jpg

Morgenstern's - Banana smores ice cream
20230924_145907.jpg

Vanessa's Dumplings - basil and chicken dumplings with mixed vegetable sesame pancake sandwich

20230924_174100.jpg
Christ that Emmett's pizza looks like heaven

Also regarding ice cream- the first thing I did when I moved back to Texas was grab some Blue Bell lol

Not sure if you are serious or it’s a thread inside joke but it’s because of the amount of egg/egg yolk. The standard is something like 1% and above that you have to call it custard or French. Van Leeuwen is like 5X the threshold so they went with French (they are Brooklyn-based and that sounds way cooler than custard).

I know this because when I first copped I had the same question and have always remembered :lol:
i was being serious but it’s also an inside joke.

May I ask the price on this, Stormio?

I am confused on ice cream pricing tbh. I got that from a local Giant (the Mid-Atlantic folks know) grocery store which your run of the mill grocery store. Than Van Leeuwen was on sale for $4.99 and Jeni’s regular price was $8.99. Mind you, Jeni’s was only $7.39 (regular price) in my flavor pics of the Whole Foods freezer.

Grocers tricking folks with the Jeni’s pricing :smh:

Bet that ice cream was crack.

I ate it under awkward and potentially depressing circumstances but it was EXTREMELY good. Wood recommend.

I never shop at Barterer Joseph’s. I don’t even know where the closest one is. Is it as amazing as people make it out to be or nawl

Damn good sauce man.
I should have bought a few because a lot of TJ items that I mess with end up getting discontinued.

Not for the #MylantaCrew

1695826057819.png

Just got this recently as well, really enjoy it. And yeah you’re right, i still have a grip left but need to grab another bottle just incase :lol: i wana try that habanero one posted as well

Back
Top Bottom