FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

5 days max.

You have to smell them first though.
smell-what-the-rock-is-cookin-the-rock.gif

That’s exactly how we get to “turkey is trash and has no flavor”

:smh:
If all of the flavor is in the seasoning, does turkey actually have good flavor? Are you just eating bland bird meat with a million seasonings on it?

ICIP, etc.

I ask this as someone who seasons plenty when needed, but I also believe in letting the natural flavors of what I’m eating be present.

Went to Yokato Yokabai yesterday to see what all the fuss was about. Even with the hype and 1 hour wait time, it surpassed my expectations. Best ramen I ever had. That broth was something else. I'm currently hitting up all the Japanese grocery spots for ingredients, I have to try my hand at a Tonkotsu ramen.

20231124_220851.jpg

If all of the flavor is in the seasoning, does turkey actually have good flavor? Are you just eating bland bird meat with a million seasonings on it?

ICIP, etc.

I ask this as someone who seasons plenty when needed, but I also believe in letting the natural flavors of what I’m eating be present.
Your second paragraph answers the questions in your first paragraph. Seasoning enhances flavor, it doesn't create it.

Your second paragraph answers the questions in your first paragraph. Seasoning enhances flavor, it doesn't create it.
My question still stands.

Every other post is about naked turkeys that don’t have 90lbs of seasoning on it.

If all I’m tasting is the seasoning list, does the turkey itself even taste good?

I don’t condone pale turkeys, but also am curious to see a 10/10 turkey example to see how a good turkey is seasoned.

My question still stands.

Every other post is about naked turkeys that don’t have 90lbs of seasoning on it.

If all I’m tasting is the seasoning list, does the turkey itself even taste good?

I don’t condone pale turkeys, but also am curious to see a 10/10 turkey example to see how a good turkey is seasoned.
What proteins do you enjoy unseasoned?

I once saw a dude online comment that good steaks don’t need salt and he got ripped to shreds. :lol:

Speaking of steaks: tomorrow is the 4 year anniversary for me and my fiancée and I’m torn between doing seared scallops over white truffle risotto or doing a beef Wellington with white truffle mashed potatoes. I would appreciate the NT food community’s input.

What proteins do you enjoy unseasoned?
Almost none

If I had to just a few I’d say sashimi is fine. Both tuna and salmon sashimi.

But over seasoning is a thing, and the few turkeys I’ve seen people praising outside of NT have been borderline over seasoned.

No such thing as over seasoning other than too salty.

Need to be softening up some butter (mixing some seasonings in it) and grease your bird down like its about to go out in the sun. Can even slide your fingers up under the skin especially since all the seasoning just ends up on the skin otherwise

I cooked late yesterday evening.

I finally put the 13.25 inch cast iron skillet that I got earlier this year to use. It was also my first time cooking a Wagyu New York strip steak. I was surprised how easy and how much less time it took to cook. The interesting thing is this type of steak wasn't really greasy like other steaks I cooked in the past. That's sweet potatoes I cooked along with the steak.
IMG_7314.JPG

When I finished cooking.
IMG_7316.JPG

Some leftover for today's dinner.
IMG_7318.JPG

On the topic of seasoning, wendy's does not season their burger patties. You mostly taste the beef grease.

Back
Top Bottom