FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Gabriel’s Gate in Buffalo
E596A11A-0E69-40B8-BAEF-7A1F71513121.jpeg

I once saw a dude online comment that good steaks don’t need salt and he got ripped to shreds. :lol:

Speaking of steaks: tomorrow is the 4 year anniversary for me and my fiancée and I’m torn between doing seared scallops over white truffle risotto or doing a beef Wellington with white truffle mashed potatoes. I would appreciate the NT food community’s input.
I tried beef Wellington for the first time in April or so, and it was okay. So I would have said the scallops and risotto. It has more of an anniversary feel to it if that makes sense. Probably could have added some asparagus tips to the dish as well. But what did you end up doing?

If all of the flavor is in the seasoning, does turkey actually have good flavor? Are you just eating bland bird meat with a million seasonings on it?

ICIP, etc.

I ask this as someone who seasons plenty when needed, but I also believe in letting the natural flavors of what I’m eating be present.

You are overthinking it.

Season your turkey.
Enjoy the turkey.

Turkey has "natural flavors" just like any other bird but when you are cooking ANYTHING that size it needs to be well seasoned.

Don't overthink it man.

Exactly what is an advent calendar? They're big during the holidays I know but I never paid attention to the details.
The ones I'm familiar with do a count down to Christmas with "windows/doors" on the calendar box corresponding to different days. You open the door for each day as you get to it and there's chocolate or some other candy behind it. They have different themes/images depending on the particular calendar, but always Christmas themed.

Had been causally looking for a new cutting board since ours was kinda warped. For the first time since I’ve been a member (couple years), Costco finally carried a big one, and it was a pretty good deal relative to what I had been seeing. Pulled the trigger.
783490E3-97FF-476E-A61A-F1A041ED036E.jpeg

man I hate cast iron and i have some nice heavy *** ones too. I just can never get the non stick thing down then they become a ***** to clean then they rust and I throw them out

I just got the lodge metal scrubber and don’t do a damn thing besides scrub it in hot water.

No rust or sticking.

They gotta be hot when you drop something in for it not to stick.

People really overthink it

Back
Top Bottom