FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

1000021027.jpg

Went to a wine fest in Wiesbaden last night. My friends that live in Germany recommended I try a langos, which is a Hungarian street food that’s essentially a deep fried flatbread with different toppings. I got one with sour cream, salami, some mystery cheese, garlic oil, tomatoes, olives, and crispy onions.
IMG_2256.jpeg

Was pretty good. I’d give it an 8/10.

Also got some brats, currywurst, and some sandwich that reminded me of sauerbraten with caramelized onions on top. well. All very tasty, but it was too dark to take any good pics. Here’s the stand though:
IMG_2259.jpeg

We ended up making friends at the festival and hung out way later than we anticipated. Walked back to my friend’s apartment at like 2AM and stayed up until 4. Our friend passed out on the toilet and we had to wake up his wife so she could take the bathroom door off with a screwdriver to get him out. She was pissed, but I still consider it a very successful outing.

Anyone ever been to Long John Silver’s? I’ve driven by hundreds of times but never been in - and I don’t know anyone who’s ever been either. Is it a front?

Long Silvers has good tasting breading.

It's one of those places that nobody claims to eating but for some reason they still exist.

It's solid to me. Get the hushpuppies, fish, chicken, and fish.

Back
Top Bottom