FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Has Keith Lee ever faced accusations of having a children’s palate?

Because I went to this burger spot that he rated 10 out of 10 and it was a solid 5 at absolute best. I mean I kinda had an idea that a former UFC fighter likely struggling with some level of CTE was a questionable source but I’m not gonna lie, I was still disappointed in this burger/fries:

IMG_6542.jpeg

Minimum fry seasoning, too many jalapeños on the burger, bun left something to be desired. Patties were not bad, sauce was this odd mustardy concoction that was mediocre at best.

I don't think anyone would ever say that about Keith Lee seeing the variety of restaurants he travels to and the types of items he tries.
I’m not so sure about that. His willingness to try a variety doesn’t mean he has an objectively good palate.

He was emphatic about that burger. Granted, that’s the first spot I’ve tried because of his review, so it could be a one- off but he was so emphatic about it that it caused me to wonder if dude is the soda and nuggets type.

Have you tried any spots he’s reviewed, DC? If so what was your experience?

[by no means am I operating under the assumption that he’s any type of authority, it just became hard to avoid him on social media so I decided to see what it was all about].

I’m not so sure about that. His willingness to try a variety doesn’t mean he has an objectively good palate.

He was emphatic about that burger. Granted, that’s the first spot I’ve tried because of his review, so it could be a one- off but he was so emphatic about it that it caused me to wonder if dude is the soda and nuggets type.

[by no means am I operating under the assumption that he’s any type of authority, it just became hard to avoid him on social media so I decided to see what it was all about].
He’s been to one of my spots. Papi tacos. He gave them a 9.5. And it’s definitely a 10+ in my book

Who on earth has an objectively good palate?

That combination of words doesn't even make sense man. (No disrespect)

I'm not even sure which places in this area he has visited, I would need to see a list.

But my overall point is not a single soul would say he has a childish palate due to the extent of what his side hustle is. Someone with a child's palate wouldn't travel the country trying new spots as much as he does.

You didn't like the burger he liked. Cool. Why does that have to mean he has a palate of a child?

And you even admitted it was the first spot you tried because of him.

I don't understand the beef here.

Yea one person said this was the first Keith Lee spot they've been to.

Another one said they've been to one in their area.

A third person wasn't even sure if they've been to a Keith Lee reviewed spot.

The word Subjective was mentioned numerous times.

Seems like he doesn't get any to much traction in here, so I was also confused by the reply. :lol:

I mean no one said that.

Or that.
We're doing the thing again, where someone says they don't like something and the response is "Why do you hate that?", or someone supports/defends someone and it's met with "I didn't know you thought they were Jesus."
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nah Im talking about dude disagreeing with Keith Lee's review as if KL is some sort of authority. Like others said, taste is subjective so this was bound to happen. Personally, I take SM food reviews with a grain of salt. Even if they say its nasty, if it looks good to me, Im still going to check it out myself. SM food critics are just regular people who other regular people like to listen to.

Back
Top Bottom