FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Figured out a couple days.

1 day
Halal Guys for lunch (Adeles looks good but open too late with dinner reservation)
Rice to Riches
Atomix for dinner (lucked out with a reservation so had to do it)

1 day (carb Boyz)
L'Industrie
Fan-Fan Doughnuts (mango lassi looking like the move)
Dani's

Then I'll try to mix in Lucia Pizza, Kabob King, and a couple places called Saranrom Thai and Taverna Kyclades a homie recommended to me on other days.

Thanks again @zmaqbool, picasso swerve picasso swerve

Kyclades is fire. Id skip Rice to Riches. Thai Diner is a popular spot like 2 blocks from Rice to Riches. My fav dessert is Spot Dessert Bar in St Marks. Get the Golden Toast. Glace by Noglu is cool too (UES though I think) . Mei Lei Wah in Chinatown is also close to Thai Diner and they have roast pork buns and stuff (get the fried Pineapple, its pork inside and like a crunchy sweet thing on top theres no actual pineapple anywhere) and Chinatown Ice Factory is across the street. Also a very popular new bubble tea spot opened on the corner where Mei Lei Way is.

Everything besides Glace is fairly close to each other and def doable in an afternoon. Theres an L’Industrie somewhet close to in the West Village. If you want a coffee break in Soho, Saturdays the clothing store has coffee and a dope backyard thing you can relax at. Also furniture store Thuma has a cafe and just opened a couple weeks ago, maddd lounging areas inside with new couches and stuff to relax.

One of my favorite supermarkets - Dat Moi

IMG_6918.jpeg
IMG_6919.jpeg
IMG_6920.jpeg
IMG_6921.jpeg

Kyclades is fire. Id skip Rice to Riches. Thai Diner is a popular spot like 2 blocks from Rice to Riches. My fav dessert is Spot Dessert Bar in St Marks. Get the Golden Toast. Glace by Noglu is cool too (UES though I think) . Mei Lei Wah in Chinatown is also close to Thai Diner and they have roast pork buns and stuff (get the fried Pineapple, its pork inside and like a crunchy sweet thing on top theres no actual pineapple anywhere) and Chinatown Ice Factory is across the street. Also a very popular new bubble tea spot opened on the corner where Mei Lei Way is.

Everything besides Glace is fairly close to each other and def doable in an afternoon. Theres an L’Industrie somewhet close to in the West Village. If you want a coffee break in Soho, Saturdays the clothing store has coffee and a dope backyard thing you can relax at. Also furniture store Thuma has a cafe and just opened a couple weeks ago, maddd lounging areas inside with new couches and stuff to relax.

Good looks, especially on the places to relax. Thai diner looks exactly like the kind of spot I like. And I was planning on being in the area anyway to do some shopping so probably just do that instead of halal Guys. Pretty sure we have the same halal guys in LA so no big miss. And I'll definitely pick up some mei Lei wah at least for some easy lunch I can bring to replace the trash *** sandwiches I know they'll provide at the work events I'll be at.

Do you think glace is better than morgensterns? Cause that's the one I see recommended quite a bit.

Good looks, especially on the places to relax. Thai diner looks exactly like the kind of spot I like. And I was planning on being in the area anyway to do some shopping so probably just do that instead of halal Guys. Pretty sure we have the same halal guys in LA so no big miss. And I'll definitely pick up some mei Lei wah at least for some easy lunch I can bring to replace the trash *** sandwiches I know they'll provide at the work events I'll be at.

Do you think glace is better than morgensterns? Cause that's the one I see recommended quite a bit.

Morgensteins is pretty basic, thiugh good. Glace feels more an occassion so id def go to that if you can. Cafe Panna is also a good choice. I will say Halal Guys on 53rd is 100x better than the freestanding store in LA or even the ones here in NY. Probably dirt from the area, the musk and sweat in the air and occasional pigeon dust seasoning makes it better. :lol:

Adel’s >> Halal Guys for sure.

That line tho…..

They set up right outside my office building. I’d usuyally go out at 5:30 and wait the 30min By then I’d be the 6-10th person on line. When they arrive at 6 there is already a line down the block 😂

Yup I been there at 5:30 before and I was maybe 20th in line? It was a Sunday though. Line still takes a min cause the cab drivers and rickshaw bike drivers I guess are allowed to cut the line and they serve em at the same time (one cab driver + one person actually waiting in line etc). Got my food probably 6:10 so about 40 min wait. Thats too long imo and I woudnt do that wait again unless I was with someone who realllly wants to try. I’ll just go to Halal Guys down the block which I still like as well.

They’d have to sell a lot of cheap potatoes and cheap gravy to turn a profit and make rent for the space or keep the doors open

For that reason I’m out

terrible idea def not worth taking a risk
that restaurant will fail. better restaurants have and will continue to do so.
socializing is a huge part of going to restaurants and what group of people all want mashed potatoes as a meal :lol:

and as far as the fat people demographic. if you walk in to a restaurant and see a bunch of obese people it’s def gonna put off the kind of people you want at your restaurant to influence others to come

terrible idea def not worth taking a risk
that restaurant will fail. better restaurants have and will continue to do so.
socializing is a huge part of going to restaurants and what group of people all want mashed potatoes as a meal :lol:

and as far as the fat people demographic. if you walk in to a restaurant and see a bunch of obese people it’s def gonna put off the kind of people you want at your restaurant to influence others to come
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:lol: @ "The fat people demographic."

Reminds me of a place I went to in London. Mother mash

Back
Top Bottom