FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Make sure they don’t try to play you like they did to us and cut you off on how much you order.

I tried to order 5 entrees for a party of 4 and the server wouldn’t do it. She was like “guys that’s a lot of food. How about we just start with 4 and you can order more if you’re still hungry?” Thought it was weird but we went along with it.

By the end of the 4 entrees we were all still hungry but we went to Cafe 20 Grams and got sliders instead. :lol:

Order with confidence and stand your ground.

Make sure they don’t try to play you like they did to us and cut you off on how much you order.

I tried to order 5 entrees for a party of 4 and the server wouldn’t do it. She was like “guys that’s a lot of food. How about we just start with 4 and you can order more if you’re still hungry?” Thought it was weird but we went along with it.

By the end of the 4 entrees we were all still hungry but we went to Cafe 20 Grams and got sliders instead. :lol:

Order with confidence and stand your ground.
We did 4 meats for our 4top and couldn’t imagine getting another. We were all stuffed :lol:

Only got pics of the Salatim and Date Harissa wings (amazing btw). Awesome meal. Everything was good including the entrees and the little ice cream at the end.

IMG_1993.jpeg
IMG_1994.jpeg
IMG_1998.jpeg
IMG_2003.jpeg

This can’t be accurate. When I lived in Cali del taco and el pollo loco were the 2 worst chains by far. Never a line at the drive thru at either.
Yea when I went to Del Taco I thought it was the worst thing I've ever tasted from an establishment. So when they were saying Del Taco got nominations for being the best FF, I was like Huh?

I'll play even though it's a weird mix of spots.

Based on the Spots listed

CFA
Chipotle
Panda Express
Papa John's
Subway
Pizza Hut

McDonald's (Never eat them)
Arby's (Never eat them)
KK (Never eat them)
Dunkin (Never eat them)

Got extended in NY so got to try more than I thought. No pics cause I can't have a camera phone.

Pizza:
L'industrie: Best pizza I had. Burrata and Fig jam and bacon are amazing. Desserts are great too. Only disappointment was the margherita. Not enough basil so just felt like a plain slice so not bad, just not what I was expecting
Lucia: Great spinach and vodka slices. Not as good as L'industrie overall
Dani's: Sweet sauce is great. Loved the pesto slices.
Prince Street Pizza: Very good too but probably the weakest of the ones I had

Fine dining:
Atomix: I see why it's so buzzy and highly rated. Of restaurants I've had in this range, I enjoyed it more than most including the French laundry, Benu, Providence, meadowood. Only singlethread is better from what I've had.
Kono: Possibly the best chicken you can have anywhere. Absolutely amazing food and service.
Peter Luger: Semi hot take but it's just alright. Meat is good but there's probably half a dozen steak joints in Vegas alone id rate higher. Any number of the new age whole animal butchery/in house aging joints around are better too

Casual/Takeout:
Mei Lai Wah: Great pineapple buns and best value I had. I also understand why 90% of pics are of the buns cause everything else is just alright
Thai Diner: Good traditional Thai food that sadly gets overshadowed by the IG hype diner stuff like the fries which are pretty good but not great
Taverna Kyclades: Great fresh seafood made well but simply. Octopus and dorade are really good
Saranrom: Great, properly spicy Thai food. Great value too
Halal guys: biggest hot take but wasn't super impressed and yeah I went to the OG cart. Maybe the pigeon dust wasn't hitting but I didnt think it was drastically different from what I've had in LA but it's been several years since I had it in LA so maybe my memory is bad

Dessert/Coffee:
La Cabra: Amazing coffee and the cardamom bun is a great combo
Rice to Riches: Loved the caramel pudding but damn it's big
Glace by Noglu: Cool spot and the strawberry sundae is really set off by the jam
Morgensterns: just alright. Jeni's and salt and straw are both better
Le Phin: Strong and sweet drinks. Their pandan latte is so good and really unique.
Levain Bakery: Expensive and just alright. Not worth it to me

Sorry for the long post but had a great time.

Thanks zmaqbool zmaqbool , picasso swerve picasso swerve , and the rest of the NY homies for the recs

Got extended in NY so got to try more than I thought. No pics cause I can't have a camera phone.

Pizza:
L'industrie: Best pizza I had. Burrata and Fig jam and bacon are amazing. Desserts are great too. Only disappointment was the margherita. Not enough basil so just felt like a plain slice so not bad, just not what I was expecting

Fine dining:
Atomix: I see why it's so buzzy and highly rated. Of restaurants I've had in this range, I enjoyed it more than most including the French laundry, Benu, Providence, meadowood. Only singlethread is better from what I've had.
Kono: Possibly the best chicken you can have anywhere. Absolutely amazing food and service.
Peter Luger: Semi hot take but it's just alright. Meat is good but there's probably half a dozen steak joints in Vegas alone id rate higher. Any number of the new age whole animal butchery/in house aging joints around are better too

Casual/Takeout:
Mei Lai Wah: Great pineapple buns and best value I had. I also understand why 90% of pics are of the buns cause everything else is just alright
Thai Diner: Good traditional Thai food that sadly gets overshadowed by the IG hype diner stuff like the fries which are pretty good but not great
Taverna Kyclades: Great fresh seafood made well but simply. Octopus and dorade are really good
Halal guys: biggest hot take but wasn't super impressed and yeah I went to the OG cart. Maybe the pigeon dust wasn't hitting but I didnt think it was drastically different from what I've had in LA but it's been several years since I had it in LA so maybe my memory is bad

Dessert/Coffee:
Glace by Noglu: Cool spot and the strawberry sundae is really set off by the jam
Le Phin: Strong and sweet drinks. Their pandan latte is so good and really unique.

Thanks zmaqbool zmaqbool , picasso swerve picasso swerve , and the rest of the NY homies for the recs

Jesus you went to hella places. If you ever lose your job just do food influencer stuff. :lol:

Glad you enjoyed homie. :pimp:

Also went to Raising Canes.

Chicken: actually really juicy, I liked the meat (ayo) was super tender. Flavor wise though meh, super mid. Every bite needs sauce otherwise bloop.

Fries: not bad not amazing, I will say I normally hate crinkle cut fries but these are good. Disappointed by the portion though, was kinda small but this one of those ymmv type of things.

Toast: was actually surprised, by itself the best thing on the plate

I will say RC gets extra extra points for crushed ice for their drinks. :pimp:

Would I go back? Eh maybe if someone wanted to try it out or I literally am around one and dont feel like thinking or going elsewhere. My local pizza joint has amazing chicken tenders and fries so thats where I get my fix.

Been trying this carnivore diet for the past 2 weeks. I don't like the trendy stuff but this one guy at my jiu jitsu gym convinced me without even trying. I came back from injury after 2 month his body completely changed. I thought he was on the juice. Even his face was glowing (big pause). He said he been on that carnivore diet that's all I had to hear. I'll give it a shot until new year. So far, the bloating is gone and I lost 10 pounds. Crazy part I eat all the meat I want to.

20240913_144326.jpg

20240914_100029.jpg

20240919_235434.jpg

20240920_145901.jpg

20240921_163913.jpg

Pizza:

Fine dining:

Casual/Takeout:

Dessert/Coffee:

No Salmon chopped cheese?

Jesus you went to hella places. If you ever lose your job just do food influencer stuff. :lol:

Glad you enjoyed homie. :pimp:

That wasn't even all of it. Definitely got a couple bacon, egg, and cheeses from wherever was near. Also ate at some random spots in the Bronx when I had stuff up there.

I thought about doing some food stuff but I don't know if this belongs in the washed or unpopular opinion threads but I can't stand watching people have full on photo shoots with their food. Even better when they have to make sure their Porsche key fob or Chanel bag is in the shot. I get taking a quick pic or two but some people are hella OD.

But yeah. Great city, crazy energy, great shopping and great food.

That wasn't even all of it. Definitely got a couple bacon, egg, and cheeses from wherever was near. Also ate at some random spots in the Bronx when I had stuff up there.

I thought about doing some food stuff but I don't know if this belongs in the washed or unpopular opinion threads but I can't stand watching people have full on photo shoots with their food. Even better when they have to make sure their Porsche key fob or Chanel bag is in the shot. I get taking a quick pic or two but some people are hella OD.

But yeah. Great city, crazy energy, great shopping and great food.

I take food shots all the time, im extremely quick though. Also, I dont think food shots should be so perfect. Like if I go out to eat with friends and all the food is laid out or the food comes a dish at a time just eat. I think food pics with several dishes looks better when it looks like its been dug into a bit already. Plus I aint waiting for all 6 dishes to come out tf. Some people be wylin. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom