FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Got me a cheeseburger from five guys since it's cheeseburger day...it has jalapenos, grilled mushrooms, grilled onions and BBQ sauce... And of course ketchup and mayo dip for the fries...I picked up Taco Bell for my manager since he's vegetarian so he gave me the diet Pepsi
20240918_135503.jpg
How much?

Fiancée wants to go to Red Hook Tavern on Saturday so I’ll save my cheeseburger festivities for then.

Happy holidays, everyone.

Tried to order a burger for lunch the other day and was shocked I couldn't find one cheaper than $15

We're talking run of the mill burgers from non-burger joints

it was like $17 for everything... Good thing I wasn't greedy and didn't get the bacon and extra patty... triple cheeseburger with bacon sounded OD and costly so I passed

Last time I tried a 5 burger I couldn't even remember what made them stand out in the first place. They def did 15 yrs ago.

5 Guys is over priced and definitely not my favorite....but i enjoy it when i do have it from time to time (couple times a year, probably)

Ketchup on eggs is trash so that’s definitely uncivilized if adding ketchup on fries is
Agreed. Not sure why anyone would do it.
Wifey asks for them all the time but two burgers and a large fry to share still almost $40

That’s why I can’t give them a nod over In N Out when it comes to overall experience / rating.

In N Out we both get meals and drinks for $20-$23 still
It's no reason to ever buy anything more than a small fry @ 5 Guys. They fill the cup up and the bag.

Ketchup is most appreciated on on a BEC or SEC, but it’s a situation where you put it on and take as much off as possible before assembling.

Eggs dripping with ketchup is unacceptable.

Would crush #

Not from there but I’ve had them at a NYS in Warwick, RI and they were fire (not up the sleeve). Get them all the way with meat sauce, onions, celery salt and mustard. I put RI wieners (pause) over the rest of the nation. Chicago dragged is second and NYC cart vendors are third. RI, Mass coffee milk is another local classic. Hoping to retire soon and live all year at a crib we anirbnb off the coast of Mass.

Hi y’all! It’s been forever but I keep seeing a Tik tok recipe for braised short ribs with garlic mash. Can I make this stovetop and do I actually need a cast iron pot?

Back
Top Bottom