FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

moneylicious moneylicious man I'm not sure.. Was a long time ago. I think it was somewhere in Fisherman's wharf at San Francisco. Can't go wrong with any of the seafood there anyways. The clam chowder bowls there >>>. I gotta go back sometime soon.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican it tastes better than it looks man. One of the best I've ever had. Very very soft inside to melt in your mouth but still crisp and has those Cajun spices

Last edited:

Korean wings for lunch
So what makes them "Korean" exactly.

DC dudes, anywhere near us sell these types of wings. Just looks like Fried CHicken to me

JJC, what exactly are those up top..the icecream sandwhich looking things?

It's literally like Macaron type of breading it has a chewy soft texture to it.

They got a couple different flavors as well.

Milk always seems to attract long lines as well.

Looking at colleges on the west coast...food culture is deff a reason why.

Last edited:
@MoNeyLiCiouS Is that Back Abbey?
nerd.gif

Milk Los angeles, CA (Thai Tea, Blueberry Pie, Cookies and Cream. I still think the grasshopper and red velvet ones are the best.)

Pieology Rancho Cucamonga, CA ($8 and you pick your toppings its the Chipotle of pizza. Good to see there are more locations opening up.)
Bought about 20 za's from Pieology, froze and vacuum sealed em so I could bring them over with me to school in Florida. Still crack comin out the oven.

pimp.gif

The people behind me were less than pleased though.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
@MoNeyLiCiouS man I'm not sure.. Was a long time ago. I think it was somewhere in Fisherman's wharf at San Francisco. Can't go wrong with any of the seafood there anyways. The clam chowder bowls there >>>. I gotta go back sometime soon.

Damn..thought it was a spot in LA 
frown.gif

So what makes them "Korean" exactly.

DC dudes, anywhere near us sell these types of wings. Just looks like Fried CHicken to me
The flavors are what makes it 'korean' 

Alot of the flavors are sweet, spicy, and has garlic in it. Not your traditional hot, bbq, or sauces of that nature.

Most korean wings that i've tried are much better compared to your normal wingstop or buffalo wild wings. Im not quite sure how they cook it though *shrugs*
@MoNeyLiCiouS Is that Back Abbey?
nerd.gif

Yessir..good catch!

For DC Korean fried chicken wings there's a Bon Chon out in Fairfax, VA. There's def a difference, it's good. Any off brand ones I've been to weren't as good as Bon Con.

moneylicious moneylicious Is that Back Abbey? :nerd:

Milk Los angeles, CA (Thai Tea, Blueberry Pie, Cookies and Cream. I still think the grasshopper and red velvet ones are the best.)

Pieology Rancho Cucamonga, CA ($8 and you pick your toppings its the Chipotle of pizza. Good to see there are more locations opening up.)

Thai Tea is probably my favorite.

going to korean bbq tomorrow. that all you can eat! :smokin

:pimp:

BC for me use to be those spots where I'd be coo with a 2 hour wait.

Not so much anymore.

Still good tho.

Speaking of Korean, we had pot roast again tonight. I hope I'm not going to be known as the pot roast king. My son chose the Sunday dinner menu & he wanted pot roast again.

We used to crock pot again but this time we used Cambell's slow cooker sauce - Korean BBQ. I wish we had sticky rice & kimchee (along with some other banchan) but it's just as well.

It had some similar flavor components as galbi & bulgogi but it wasn't the same. It was still good though. I think the last one I wanna try is Hawaiian Luau which is to be used with a pork roast.

Anyway, here's the plate; broccoli, carrots, cabbage, brown rice, & the "Korean" flavored pot roast. My son loved it.

^^^looks good

took forever to makes this today: Pan fried boneless stuffed chicken wings but we call them Angel Wings with egg rolls and boil egg and for vegies its cucumber, mint, water mint, and some sort of vegie I can't identity lol

inside of the wings

yesterday made
Pho Oxtail with beef

I suck at taking pics
Damn you cooked both dishes? Those angel wings thooo

Not so much anymore.

Still good tho.
Agreed. Going at 5-6pm on M-Th isnt bad at all tho. Wait time is probably 20 min max. 

^^^looks good

took forever to makes this today: Pan fried boneless stuffed chicken wings but we call them Angel Wings with egg rolls and boil egg and for vegies its cucumber, mint, water mint, and some sort of vegie I can't identity lol

inside of the wings

yesterday made

Pho Oxtail with beef

I suck at taking pics

Damn you cooked both dishes? Those angel wings thooo

Not so much anymore.

Still good tho.

Agreed. Going at 5-6pm on M-Th isnt bad at all tho. Wait time is probably 20 min max. 

yes sir and thanks

I started cooking my own food summer of last year. I would go to my moms, aunts, grandmas, friend's house and have them show me how to make their famous dish. I also use youtube and other websites to help me. That being said I can't bake for s#*t :lol:

The females love it :evil:

About to go IN on some home cooked pernil.

Just had some tostones to set it off.

This **** is being cooked by 2 people who are well over 60 years old.

:smokin

Back
Top Bottom