FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Roasted carrot fries with orange yogurt sauce. Might of roasted the carrots too long but I like them extra crispy

Edit: that pic came out horribly

Last edited:
Shoot me the recipe fam ...I would appreciate it greatly my dude.

For the cauliflower...
chop it up into pieces, cover it in coconut oil (I use a 1 gallon plastic bag and shake it up), then cover with spices (black pepper, curry, garlic powder, no salt...). Bake it in the oven at 420 until they get the brown crispy look you see in the pic

For the black beans...
chop up a couple cloves of garlic and 1/4-1/2 a sweet onion, sautee them in olive oil on the stove on medium heat for 5-10 min, maybe throw a tomato in there, then add the black beans (I just used canned, but I drain the liquid out). Set to lower heat and cover for 20-30 min. Stir occasionally

For the sweet potato...
I used this thing called a veggegetti, it shreds vegetables into nooodles (think of zucchini noodles). Shred up 1-2 sweet potatoes and cover in coconut oil (I used the bag method again). Heat the oven to 420. Put on a baking sheet and season with salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, and curry (if you want). I don't remember how long I baked them but just keep checking on them, flipping them around every 10-15 min, and leave them in there until they are crispy

For the yogurt...
I bought coconut greek yogurt and mixed in some homegrown baby fennel leaves that I chopped up. Honestly this part made the dish but I grow my own herbs so it might be hard to replicate. You could buy fennel seeds and use that as a substitute or buy a fennel bulb and chop it up really fine and mix it into the yogurt. I might of put a tiny amount of lime juice in the yogurt too but I can't remember

Good luck food4thgt food4thgt

Last edited:
Team #ntgrub :nthat:

Chonut 2.1 (smoked brisket, bacon, cheese and "fat boy" sauce inside of a glazed donut)

Boozy Brunch Burger (beef patty on a toasted sourdough buttered roll, maple syrup glazed bacon, fried egg, cheese, and home fries)

BCS Rice Bowl

Beef Ribs, yellow rice, & fries

Buffalo Calamari Pizza

Parmesean Garlic, Bourbon Honey, & Chipotle BBQ at BWW (anybody else only eat the flat pieces?) :lol:

Croissant doughnut

Lumpia

Nachos

Raspberries

Blueberries

Penne with garlic pesto

BBQ Chicken Pizza

The grub from my grandma's birthday yesterday.

Arugula, spinach, and pear salad

Caldereta (Filipino beef stew) with ox tail

Crabs and Lobsters

Squid sisig

Pork sisig

Pancit

Nilaga

Homemade cheesecake

The cake

Team #ntgrub
nthat.gif

Chonut 2.1 (smoked brisket, bacon, cheese and "fat boy" sauce inside of a glazed donut)

Boozy Brunch Burger (beef patty on a toasted sourdough buttered roll, maple syrup glazed bacon, fried egg, cheese, and home fries)

BCS Rice Bowl

Beef Ribs, yellow rice, & fries

Buffalo Calamari Pizza

Parmesean Garlic, Bourbon Honey, & Chipotle BBQ at BWW (anybody else only eat the flat pieces?)
laugh.gif
Yo what city is this? I'm very curious about that Calamari pizza.

For the cauliflower...
chop it up into pieces, cover it in coconut oil (I use a 1 gallon plastic bag and shake it up), then cover with spices (black pepper, curry, garlic powder, no salt...). Bake it in the oven at 420 until they get the brown crispy look you see in the pic

For the black beans...
chop up a couple cloves of garlic and 1/4-1/2 a sweet onion, sautee them in olive oil on the stove on medium heat for 5-10 min, maybe throw a tomato in there, then add the black beans (I just used canned, but I drain the liquid out). Set to lower heat and cover for 20-30 min. Stir occasionally

For the sweet potato...
I used this thing called a veggegetti, it shreds vegetables into nooodles (think of zucchini noodles). Shred up 1-2 sweet potatoes and cover in coconut oil (I used the bag method again). Heat the oven to 420. Put on a baking sheet and season with salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, and curry (if you want). I don't remember how long I baked them but just keep checking on them, flipping them around every 10-15 min, and leave them in there until they are crispy

For the yogurt...
I bought coconut greek yogurt and mixed in some homegrown baby fennel leaves that I chopped up. Honestly this part made the dish but I grow my own herbs so it might be hard to replicate. You could buy fennel seeds and use that as a substitute or buy a fennel bulb and chop it up really fine and mix it into the yogurt. I might of put a tiny amount of lime juice in the yogurt too but I can't remember

Good luck food4thgt food4thgt

Thanks bro Im gonna try this and post pics this weekend

Thanks bro Im gonna try this and post pics this weekend

That would be awesome can't wait to see it

I saw that pic of quinoa burgers with eggplant buns above and it inspired me to try to make it myself. I should've looked up a recipe for quinoa burgers beforehand because my mix came out too runny. So I improvised and came up with this

Crazy few weeks from NYE to CES in Vegas to a last minute Trip to Houston so here goes

Bone in Ribeye Roast for one on NYE straight meat coma a third of the way in

The night before I went Vegas stopped in a Haute Dishes special Haute Wok started with pastrami egg rolls with glass noodles and pickles

Dan Dan Noodles with pickled mustard greens and fried spam

Chicken Wings with XO sauce

Duck Leg with whipped scrambled egg foam, and kimchi pancakes

First night in Vegas grabbed room service at the Venetian Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail and Octopus Salad with bacon

Beef Carpaccio and Bone in Ribeye at STK

Scallops and Lamb Shank Risotto at Lavo

Chilled Seafood platter with Lobster, Crab Claws, Mussels, and Clams for the room

Tuna Poke and Bone Marrow from Public House before I went out for the last night in Vegas

Curry Ramen at MSP's Taste of Shoyu before I board another flight

You can catch most of this on Instagram

Only thing I eat at red lobster is the cheddar biscuits. :lol:

All the foods are too rich/expensive for my taste.

Last edited:
I went to Madrid last week, didn't get pics of everything but had some great food over there

Huevos rotos, broken eggs with chorizo over fries

Best Tortilla I've ever had, from Pez Tortilla

Curry chicken croquettes from the same place

Jamon iberico over toast with the tomato spread

Pile of some :pimp: spanish ham sandwiches

Cochinillo, like lechon with a baby pig. This is from the rib area

Tapas of pig ear stew

Paella

Churros con chocolate from San Gines

Black & White croissant

*Bonus pic, some '94s at a sneaker spot over there, Legacy Sneakers

Made some Trinidad curry chicken when I got back, with some pumpkin and roti skins

Crappy pic of a quick breakfast. Before a gang of chicken biscuits show up for the games today/fights tonight :lol:

Plain Chobani
Broken up walnuts
Organic blueberries
Honey

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom