FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

There is some prawns I bought.. And my plug for prime rib roast came through.. 25lbs for $60
9F803841-AE5A-4451-A666-52DF54D1CADB.jpeg
79AB42C5-846F-4C9A-9C39-F930991A9E4A.jpeg

had a cheese steak from a pizzeria by my job for lunch... talk about disappointing thats why i didnt bother taking pics... i guess i have high expectations for cheesesteaks since i go to philly for them sometimes... anyway i just asked for onions on there... joints werent even grilled and diced... they were the ones from like cold cuts... and they were cheap with the meat pause... taste wise it was actually not bad lol... definitely not worth 8 bucks

had a cheese steak from a pizzeria by my job for lunch... talk about disappointing thats why i didnt bother taking pics... i guess i have high expectations for cheesesteaks since i go to philly for them sometimes... anyway i just asked for onions on there... joints werent even grilled and diced... they were the ones from like cold cuts... and they were cheap with the meat pause... taste wise it was actually not bad lol... definitely not worth 8 bucks
NO GRILLED ONIONS??????!!!!
tenor.gif

Never expect a good specialty sub like that from a place that mainly serves something else. It's an add-on food for them.

Pickled onions came out alright. They were nice and acidic - complemented the steak very well. Only thing I wish I could do over is add more spices and herbs to the pickling juice. Not really layered with depth of flavor but I think I'll start incorporating it more into whatever Im making. Steak was seasoned in a simple blend of s&p, cumin, oregano, coriander, garlic, chili powder, and chili flakes. Topped with cotija and cilantro.

IMG_20190328_205522.jpg

IMG_20190328_210141.jpg

it was actually pretty decent... i prally shouldnt of asked for onions... but if they put more meat in the sandwich pause it wouldve been good enough for me not to complain

Pickled onions came out alright. They were nice and acidic - complemented the steak very well. Only thing I wish I could do over is add more spices and herbs to the pickling juice. Not really layered with depth of flavor but I think I'll start incorporating it more into whatever Im making. Steak was seasoned in a simple blend of s&p, cumin, oregano, coriander, garlic, chili powder, and chili flakes. Topped with cotija and cilantro.

IMG_20190328_205522.jpg

IMG_20190328_210141.jpg

boiling water is not necessary you can bypass that and just add the onions to the vinegar for added crunch

Back
Top Bottom