FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Seriously don't visit Europe solely for the fastfood :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
It's probably a good thing that you Nordic guys have bad fast food tbh. I imagine you guys eat a lot healthier than we do. But what's up with surströmming? Is it really as bad as they say?

Not so much a fan of NYC style, if by NYC style, you mean those giant folded greasy slices, but I'm definitely is a thin crush individual.

Danish fastfood culture is pretty trash and caters to the alcohol poisoning/vomit on shoes crowd. I live in Aarhus, Denmark. Population 300K and my options for "not trash" is pretty limited. There's probably less than a dozen places, maybe a handful, I would recommend visiting sober. And this new pizza joint would be one of them. By the way the place used to be a "Danish Taco shop," which was great, if you've never had tacos before. In reality though: Sadness in a tortilla.

If you ever visit Denmark, someone may insist you try the soon to be extinct Danish hotdog stand, here's what you can expect....

58a00ee8beccf17750e7086506670556.jpg

****'s ****ed up.

My wife’s mom is from Denmark and she’s visited there a number of times. She actually raves about the Danish hot dogs.:rolleyes

It's probably a good thing that you Nordic guys have bad fast food tbh. I imagine you guys eat a lot healthier than we do. But what's up with surströmming? Is it really as bad as they say?
That's more of a Swedish thing. I'd like to think, it was originally a stupid drunk prank, that mutated into a tradition.

it depends.

theres alot of different types of burgers and chicken sandwiches

a big mac for example i would need lettuce.
a whopper doesnt need lettuce buy ill take it on there
popeyes chicken joint no
a grilled chicken sandwich is good to me with crunchy lettuce

im sure its different for everybody
i wonder how good the french toast is
in france
They don’t just call it “toast?”

They speak French so they wouldn't call it toast. I looked it up and they call it Pain Perdu "lost bread.” But it originally came from the Roman Empire where they wanted to do something with old stale bread. So they took the old bread and dunked them in milk & eggs and fried them.
We just got a french toast mini history. Top 3 thread on NT man.

Smoked wings for the first time

before I flipped them and added sauce
07948134-8558-4DD4-8023-E64893A9E428.jpeg

with sauce. I think I put too much on or something, came out kinda chunky
548E0385-227F-4806-B5CC-3068C8F1CA5E.jpeg

without sauce. These are more my style but I ran out of the seasoning I use so they aren’t as flavorful as I want
2767E327-365A-41F4-8483-F44DF984326C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom