Piece Brewery, Chicago
IMG_20200916_172405__01.jpg

First Slice Pie Cafe, Chicago
IMG_20200916_172443__01.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200916_172501.jpg
    IMG_20200916_172501.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 58
Are u gonna tell us what we lookin at???

Fine!

TLDR: 1st is a pancake. 2nd is lentil,, butternut squash and sweet potatoe mash and cauliflower. Last pic is chickpeas.

First pic is a vegan choc chip pancake. Made it on bigger pan to get a more crispier texture.

Second pic is red lentil mixed with veggies, below that is butternut squash and sweet potatoes mashed with salt and pepper, little bit of vegan butter. Below that is garlic and yeast cauliflower. Yeast gives it a cheesy taste.

Last pic is Chickpeas cooked with onions, cherry tomatoes, ginger, turmeric, and cilantro. Mixed some coconut seasons teriyaki sauce in it.

Fine!

TLDR: 1st is a pancake. 2nd is lentil,, butternut squash and sweet potatoe mash and cauliflower. Last pic is chickpeas.

First pic is a vegan choc chip pancake. Made it on bigger pan to get a more crispier texture.

Second pic is red lentil mixed with veggies, below that is butternut squash and sweet potatoes mashed with salt and pepper, little bit of vegan butter. Below that is garlic and yeast cauliflower. Yeast gives it a cheesy taste.

Last pic is Chickpeas cooked with onions, cherry tomatoes, ginger, turmeric, and cilantro. Mixed some coconut seasons teriyaki sauce in it.

Was 100% the first pic was some of meat.

Anyone NTers from Philly... Doing a little weekend getaway there next month and was looking for must eat places?

I'm kinda anti-cheesesteak in general, but I have no problem with cheesesteaks outside of Philly because there's really nothing about the sandwich that makes it unique to Philly. You can get all of the ingredients just about anywhere and they'll be of equal or superior quality.

I'm pro-wiz though. A sandwich like that needs crappy, processed cheese.

The homerism over cheesesteaks is so funny to me because there's nothing unique to Philly about it.

It's not like they have some ingredient that's only easily accessible to them. The sandwich can be, and is, replicated everywhere.

Had a few cheesesteaks when I visited my brother in Philly and was fairly underwhelmed with each one. Chopped cheese>Philly cheesesteak. At least the chopped cheese is cheap.

Yea, I have always found that as a interesting item that represents the city. It is just a steak sandwich.

Back
Top Bottom