FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Fish and Tings had the best curry shrimp. Would get that just about every Friday with white rice and veg.

Have you ever been to the pop up jerk spot across the street from the MTA bus depot in the empty lot heading into co-op city? They stop a few years ago but that was one of the best jerk chicken outside of jamaica.

I know exactly where you’re talking. On Bartow across from the CubeSmart self storage.

It’s been a while since I’ve seen em outside but they were official. I started going to another guy on Bronx Blvd by the hospital. Now there’s another jerk truck out there and I dont remember which one had that 🔥

Pears >
pears-rick-ross.gif

I loved driving by the Nabisco building before they tore it down. Smelling those freshly baked goods.

I know exactly where you’re talking. On Bartow across from the CubeSmart self storage.

It’s been a while since I’ve seen em outside but they were official. I started going to another guy on Bronx Blvd by the hospital. Now there’s another jerk truck out there and I dont remember which one had that 🔥
I saw the guy by Bronx Blvd but never had it. The jerk truck by CubeSmart came after those people stop the pop up. Super cool couple, they did it out love they were both RNs and did it for fun. Mad they left, I looked forward to the weekends to get my jerk fix.

Got a discounted premium chicken this morning. A few hours in the smoker and it is tasty.

Decided to try something new with the potatoes - just oiled, rubbed with salt and left on the rack for 2 hours and they are delicious - slightly smoky flavor, crispy skins and fluffy inside. Really easy too so I’ll be doing that again.

1788BF9B-5364-4534-A783-4B1543A2D6AD.jpeg

Thought Papaya was been closed. Used to cop two hotdogs whenever I would visit Flight Club nearby years back.

Speaking of fruits

Tangerines, nectarines, cherries, plums and apricots are my go to.

I can eat plantains but for some reason I'm allergic to bananas

Delorenzo's Tomato Pies - Yardley, PA

Sausage

20220709_210928.jpg

regular Tomato Pie from a few weeks ago

20220423_195748.jpg

amazing pizza. basically as thin and as crispy as any pizza anywhere. no sauce, just crushed tomatoes and a little cheese.

^you can tell how crispy it is watching him eat it. he went to their other location in Robbinsville, NJ but its the same pizza

Back
Top Bottom