FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Never had papaya king. Hotdogs are the last thing i'd get if i'm in the city.
I don’t live in NY so I’m FAR from an expert on this matter.

But a lots of folks on this forum are, and they’ll likely feel that getting a great hotdog is near the top of the list of one of the most “city” things to do. (In a good way) :lol:

Last edited:
Vegetables with pork belly

20220709_171347.jpg

Filipino beef dish called afritata and mashed cauliflower
20220701_115242.jpg

Mixed vegetables with shrimp and sausage
20220624_142917.jpg

Air fried rib tips

20220623_144226.jpg

Any West Coasters try any of the Papaya places? These NYers love to hype **** up! I’d hate to make my way there and find out it's just like a Costco dog.

The drinks are gonna be more unique than the hotdogs. No one's hyping up hotdogs, just that the places are recognizable NYC spots.

I know exactly where you’re talking. On Bartow across from the CubeSmart self storage.

It’s been a while since I’ve seen em outside but they were official. I started going to another guy on Bronx Blvd by the hospital. Now there’s another jerk truck out there and I dont remember which one had that 🔥

I saw the guy by Bronx Blvd but never had it. The jerk truck by CubeSmart came after those people stop the pop up. Super cool couple, they did it out love they were both RNs and did it for fun. Mad they left, I looked forward to the weekends to get my jerk fix.
If y'all willing to make the trek, there's a setup in Brooklyn The border of Canarsie/East New York. They also have a spot in queens. Stumbled upon them a while back and then now they attract huge crowds. The New York Times did a write up on them recently as well.

Back
Top Bottom