FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

PXL_20230122_143342816.jpg
PXL_20230122_143330282~2.jpg

Went to our favorite steakhouse tonight to celebrate some family accomplishments.

Ribeye, garlic chips, mushroom Rockefeller and brandied mushroom sauce.

179281E0-35F9-4008-A9F6-DF3CDFF63164.jpeg

7 cheese Mac n cheese
AFC813A3-C986-4290-ACFD-4567BED816E3.jpeg

This is a meal safe from the #WOCboyz

I don’t think that the addition of more types of cheese makes mac n cheese better?

I like a mix of cheeses—cheeses for melting (American, velveeta) and cheeses for flavoring (cheddar, gruyere, etc.).

7 different cheeses might get lost in the mix, but that wouldn’t stop me from eating it.

I don’t think that the addition of more types of cheese makes mac n cheese better?
Personally, I’ve found with a lot of dishes/food items that have been around for ages, I prefer the original versions done really well to fancier versions. Mac and Cheese is one example, chocolate chip cookies are another, etc.

But some people out there must like Mac and Cheese with extras because so many places offer variations of it.

My wife made mac and cheese last week - I think it only had a single cheese in it, might have been 2, and it was delicious.

I sort of agree that sometimes you want a different cheese in the sauce than on the top (I like a crunchy topping) - but 7 cheeses is excessive.

7 cheeses just adds a depth of cheese to the dish.

I can see how one or 2 cheese Mac could be good as well.. it’s cheese and pasta. But I wouldn’t say adding more makes it bad. It depends on how they implement and what collective cheese flavor they get to come out in it.

I’ve obviously been loving my rotisserie air fryer as of late, but I’m looking to branch out and try other things aside from chickens.

I’m wondering how something like pork al pastor would fare on a horizontal spit. Might be the move next Sunday.

I’m wondering how something like pork al pastor would fare on a horizontal spit. Might be the move next Sunday.

I’ve wondered this too

It’s worth a shot and I don’t see why it wouldn’t come out decent for an indoor cook

Not sure of your setup but are you able to retain and baste with the drippings?

I’ve obviously been loving my rotisserie air fryer as of late, but I’m looking to branch out and try other things aside from chickens.

What brand of air fryer do you have? Need to pick one up and want one with a rotisserie option

Back
Top Bottom