FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Turned the leftover bbq into a quesadilla.

Too lazy to shred the cheese.

IMG_3996.jpeg

feel bad for yall that have to rely on whole foods for seafood
Agree. I found a ton of butcher shops but no fish mongers.

Currently settling for Costco’s wild frozen fish and the fish my mom bring from NY when she come.

Every now and then I’ll hit up Dat Moi for snapper.

Another NYC trip in the books

Le Chéile - shepherds pie and bananas foster
20231130_191527.jpg

20231130_194859.jpg

Forever Coffee - chorizo breakfast burrito and brioche bacon egg and cheese
20231201_103643.jpg

20231201_103655.jpg

Mama's Too - poached pear and gorgonzola, spicy nona, vodka, bruschetta, cacio e pepe, funghi
20231201_192508.jpg

Murray's bagels - western omelet on a garlic and sun dried tomato cream cheese on an everything
20231202_110751.jpg

Anthony & sons - the paisano
20231202_133826.jpg

Van Leeuwen - Dulce de leche brownie
20231202_143955.jpg

Awesum dimsum
20231203_125329.jpg

Caffe Panna - chocolate soft serve with raspberry dip and brownie crumbles, and s'mores ice ice cream
20231203_144132.jpg

Long story time (there; you've been warned. 🤣)

Look I already don't like Olive Garden, so check this out.
The small college area I live in just got an Olive Garden last month. My son's whole life, any time a movie or someone mentions Olive Garden, I'm always like "🤮".
Ok so he asked me last week why I always trash Olive Garden, so I told him, then he asked if we could go sometime.
Of course. I've always been willing to let him have his own experiences as much as possible, so we went last night.

We were seated by the greeter @ 7:13, next to a table that literally just finished ordering. As we were seated, we heard their waitress tell them "Ok, I'll put that order in and bring you guys more breadsticks." My son & I started talking and playing games and he was telling me all kinds of *censored* about school and his friends; good times, man. 🔥

At 7:49 it hit me that we sat down at 7:13 and not one person had came to us yet. So I start looking around, trying to see which one of the waiters that we were seeing was supposed to be doing our table. We just kept watching all of the waiters bring other people food and refill drinks and ask if everything's OK. No one is even LOOKING our way. At that point I was ready to go honestly. I just keep looking around, trying to make eye contact with one of the wait staff to have them come over real quick.

Fast forward to 7:57, we still got NO ONE, but a BUSBOY is clearing the table next to us (the table that had gave their order as we sat down). The busboy asked if we were waiting for someone else to join us. I'm assuming that he had seen how long we were there and still hadn't ordered, but that's just an assumption. I don't know why he asked, but I answered "Nah, we haven't even had anyone get our order yet." He said that he could get a server, and I pulled the ultimate Karen/Kyle move: I just asked him if I could speak to a manager.
Turns out the store manager was there, and she was extremely nice. She said that she came over from another Olive Garden 45 minutes away, (Cape Girardeau, MO), where 30 seconds after being seated was always their goal. She said that 44 minutes would never happen. I get that, but it did happen. I'm out, because at this point, it would be quicker for my son and I to just go home and make dinner instead of putting our order in and waiting even more time. We left. Didn't leave mad; just... left.

(Yes, I know it's a new store, still working things out. Yes, I know servers get busy; I've done that job. Yes, I know *censored* happens. Obviously I'm not new to the restaurant experience, but I know that 44 minutes without anyone even coming to the table is horrible.)

tl,dr: oLiVe GaRdEn

Costco pickups

I thought I was going to like the cookies. The bars are pretty good and they have only 5 grams of sugar.

IMG_4015.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally tried Shrimp w/Lobster sauce again after a 20 plus year boycott. They let me order it as a kid, thinking there was Lobster in it but instead got hit with this smelly, eggy sauce. Couldn't order too much out the lines after that. Having a different appreciation for eggs as an adult, it's actually not bad, I dig it.

The small college area I live in just got an Olive Garden last month. My son's whole life, any time a movie or someone mentions Olive Garden, I'm always like "🤮".
Ok so he asked me last week why I always trash Olive Garden, so I told him, then he asked if we could go sometime.
Of course. I've always been willing to let him have his own experiences as much as possible, so we went last night.

We were seated by the greeter @ 7:13, next to a table that literally just finished ordering. As we were seated, we heard their waitress tell them "Ok, I'll put that order in and bring you guys more breadsticks." My son & I started talking and playing games and he was telling me all kinds of *censored* about school and his friends; good times, man. 🔥

At 7:49 it hit me that we sat down at 7:13 and not one person had came to us yet. So I start looking around, trying to see which one of the waiters that we were seeing was supposed to be doing our table. We just kept watching all of the waiters bring other people food and refill drinks and ask if everything's OK. No one is even LOOKING our way. At that point I was ready to go honestly. I just keep looking around, trying to make eye contact with one of the wait staff to have them come over real quick.

Fast forward to 7:57, we still got NO ONE, but a BUSBOY is clearing the table next to us (the table that had gave their order as we sat down). The busboy asked if we were waiting for someone else to join us. I'm assuming that he had seen how long we were there and still hadn't ordered, but that's just an assumption. I don't know why he asked, but I answered "Nah, we haven't even had anyone get our order yet." He said that he could get a server, and I pulled the ultimate Karen/Kyle move: I just asked him if I could speak to a manager.
Turns out the store manager was there, and she was extremely nice. She said that she came over from another Olive Garden 45 minutes away, (Cape Girardeau, MO), where 30 seconds after being seated was always their goal. She said that 44 minutes would never happen. I get that, but it did happen. I'm out, because at this point, it would be quicker for my son and I to just go home and make dinner instead of putting our order in and waiting even more time. We left. Didn't leave mad; just... left.

(Yes, I know it's a new store, still working things out. Yes, I know servers get busy; I've done that job. Yes, I know *censored* happens. Obviously I'm not new to the restaurant experience, but I know that 44 minutes without anyone even coming to the table is horrible.)

You didn't say anything the whole time? Come on foe

Those servers did you a favor

Food Dump from Japan and Vietnam

The beef cutlets set I’ve ever had…who knew potato salad and rice would be so good together 😂 Resturant opened at 11am. Got in the line for 10:30am and I was number 30. Didn’t get in until 11:45

IMG_3042.jpeg
IMG_3030.jpeg
IMG_3035.jpeg

IMG_3038.jpeg

Like a curry ball with cheese - almost like a fried roti

IMG_3028.jpeg

Wagyu Burger with an egg and cheese

IMG_3009.jpeg

Japanese curry - thicker (almost like a gravy) w/ sweetness - (Japanese people loves curry). I’ve never eaten such tender beef to the point - it melted in your mouth.

IMG_3008.jpeg

Beer Stewed Beef Ribs

IMG_3007.jpeg

Shrimp and Mushroom Ajillo

IMG_3006.jpeg

View from the restaurant…

IMG_2996.jpeg

Last edited:
That sweet potato kreme doughnuts were life given…the US needs it!

IMG_2985.jpeg

Eel and shrimp Tempura Set - that’s a fried egg yoke ball. :lol:

IMG_2833.jpeg

Melopan - cookie and cream (basically sweet bread with cookie and cream ice cream)

IMG_2320.jpeg

Japanese Fried Chicken

IMG_2316.jpeg

Random Desert 😂

IMG_2330.jpeg

Fried sweet potatoes with honey glaze and sesame.

IMG_2236.jpeg

Last edited:
Shoutout to Chef Kao Koi (Gypsy House) - this was the best curry I’ve ever eaten in my life! His restaurant is as small as a loft apartment (literally what it is)

The Chef visited India and learned to make curry. Because Japanese curry is more thicker and sweet, of course, India’s curry is more on the spicy side, this was the chef’s interpretation of both cultures. Not too sweet and not too spicy - I didn’t want the moment to end.

Damn near cried eating this.

IMG_2260.jpeg

IMG_2258.jpeg
IMG_2259.jpeg
IMG_2250.jpeg
IMG_2249.jpeg

Last edited:
Shoutout to Chef Kao Koi (Gypsy House) - this was the best curry I’ve ever eaten in my life! His restaurant is as small as a loft apartment (literally what it is)

The Chef visit India and learned to make curry. Because Japanese curry is more thicker and sweet, of course, India’s curry is more on the spicy side, this was the chef’s interpretation of both cultures. Not too sweet and not too spicy - I didn’t want the moment to end.

Damn near cried eating this.

IMG_2260.jpeg

IMG_2258.jpeg
IMG_2259.jpeg
IMG_2250.jpeg
IMG_2249.jpeg
It’s been a minute
How u been???
How ur daughter doing???

Back
Top Bottom