FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Food market

Onion rings and charred pineapple
IMG_6107.jpeg
IMG_6109.jpeg

I like the Cadbury eggs more.

I don’t even eat candy like that but there’s always some holiday she’s getting hella candy for. :lol:

Cooked ribs for the first time in my life yesterday. Didn't post a pic because I'm not on you all's level, as I've said multiple times.
Did 250 for 4 hours. Most recipes I looked at said you want them to be at about a 175°. After 6 hours, they were 190, and I thought that might be tough or dry or whatever.
Absolutely not. They were perfect. They weren't fall off the bone perfect, but they were tender and juicy.
 The reason for this post is several questions.

1. I just did seasoned ribs. I read that if you're doing sauce, throw sauce on them the last 45 minutes to an hour but no longer because the sauce will burn. Does that sound about right?

2. You want to cook meat side down, right?

3. Like I said, I did 250° for 4 hrs. I read different things on cook times and changing the temperature. Do you have any different recommendations?
1. I usually sauce last 15-30 min
2. I start with meat side up...if I wrap them, when I put them back on I do meat side down
3. I usually run about 275° for about 2-3 hours, then wrap for about an hour, then unwrapped about 45-1 hour....always varies

Check out this guy's videos if you wanna learn more about ribs/ anything

TB Boyz.. I tried the cheesy chicken crispenada

Sadly I will be passing moving forward

It tasted like this Buffalo chicken spread I make at home and eat during my cuts, which isn’t a bad thing

But there wasn’t enough filling and it didn’t wow me

Sad days, I was hoping to enjoy this on the days when I want to #LipidMas

Rooftop hotel bar in DC is expensive? No way :lol:

There’s also probably cheaper repos than that that could’ve been ordered.

#Cultural take of sorts….

Feel like black folks spend more money per drink than whites. Higher propensity to order a top shelf liquor.

I’ll never forget sitting next to a lady at the bar who ordered a top shelf Long Island at a sports bar. I almost spit out my drink :lol:

I have a grill.
Step by step, what is your process for grilling ribs?

I use Malcolm's method posted above.

I tend to use just about any method of his since he was who I followed when I first started grilling.

Just make sure you take off that membrane.

Back
Top Bottom