Fools Wildin Thinking They Doing It Unappreciation Vol Get The @#*+ out

Originally? No.
Originally they were just the daily drivers of regular people like myself.
Now? Like bro said, now they are public transportation vehicles: cabs.
Not how it started, though.

huh? they’ve always basically been cabs/taxi service just w/convenience & ‘better’ customer service as the selling point never really seen them as distinct from cabs functionally

huh? they’ve always basically been cabs/taxi service just w/convenience & ‘better’ customer service as the selling point never really seen them as distinct from cabs functionally
When Uber/Lyft first started, did you have friends/coworkers that did it?
If not, then we just have different experiences.
If yes, they used the same vehicle they use when you all go hang, right? They used their daily driver, right?

And pretending they were disrupting big cab by trying to provide a cheaper service by cutting out regulation and the other legal requirements the established service had to have.

Originally? No.
Originally they were just the daily drivers of regular people like myself.
Now? Like bro said, now they are public transportation vehicles: cabs.
Not how it started, though.
How was it different though? Because I have parents of friends that are cab drivers and from the beginning their issue with Uber was they were able to operate as cabs without having to abide by the regulations they (cab drivers) have to follow.

When Uber/Lyft first started, did you have friends/coworkers that did it?
If not, then we just have different experiences.
If yes, they used the same vehicle they use when you all go hang, right? They used their daily driver, right?

i see what you mean but that’s really irrelevant to the service being provided…yes it enable(d/s) folk that weren’t/aren’t actual licensed cabbies to use their own vehicle to earn; it’s still fundamentally a cab/taxi service (and now delivery too depending on the service)

IMG_1602.jpeg

Last edited:
How was it different though?
The service is the same; however, the experience was initially sold as a better option than your typical cab ride: friendly driver, effortless transaction, timely service.

And pretending they were disrupting big cab by trying to provide a cheaper service by cutting out regulation and the other legal requirements the established service had to have.

This is what my comment was getting at: everything you saw in the cab business existed for a reason: the medallion limits were created to take the cab business out of the hands of organized gangs and ensure that drivers could make a living; the cameras, the partition, and the requirement that riders had to sit in the backseat (unless there are more than three of them) were implemented to increase the safety of the driver and rider(s). Rideshare drivers finding out the hard way about all this stuff (and reverting to the same solutions) is what I found amusing.

So let's not be surprised when drivers are no longer satisfied with ride requests from the apps and start lobbying municipalities to allow street pickups. And if they get that, let's not be surprised when they start ignoring app requests in favor of street pickups...

So let's not be surprised when drivers are no longer satisfied with ride requests from the apps and start lobbying municipalities to allow street pickups. And if they get that, let's not be surprised when they start ignoring app requests in favor of street pickups...

interesting point, do you think the a significant amount of app drivers really want the ability to do street pickups? seems to me those that want that flexibility already operate that way…the whole reason so many of the folk that drive for the apps even use the apps is the fact that they organize the ting…and would be less inclined to freelance in that way

interesting point, do you think the a significant amount of app drivers really want the ability to do street pickups?
I don't know.
From an efficiency point of view, street pickups give drivers the option to minimize the time during which they're not making money (which includes driving to the pickup location).

seems to me those that want that flexibility already operate that way…the whole reason so many of the folk that drive for the apps even use the apps is the fact that they organize the ting…and would be less inclined to freelance in that way
Valid point.
Looking at how cheap ride-sharing is though, one has to wonder how drivers can afford to mitigate the added/premature wear and tear on their vehicle. The financial incentive (increasing income to meet those expenses) is definitely there IMO.

Back
Top Bottom