Fools Wildin Thinking They Doing It Unappreciation Vol Get The @#*+ out

4f1d9159eab8ea332300001c

I wouldn't do it (not pick somebody up) but it's not all that weird. If the guys aren't from there, they're probably all friends. And as we all know, friends do dumb **** when it comes to pickup.

You got em all? "Yeah".
10 minutes later, the game ends and one of the losers gets on the incoming team, cause it's his friend.

Or you say you have next, but you need 2, but him and his 2 friends are like "we'll wait til next game" cause they wanna play together.

And I don't care most of the time because whether you just want to play with your friends or its because you think you're about to ball out and don't think your teammates are any good, because trying to judge somebody off looks or one or two games can often backfire on you. Now you waited an extra game for nothing, and then you're right back off the court because you thought you and your boys were gonna run things.

So MLH saying that would be a fight back in the day...ehhhhh. Also, what usually happens when people say stuff like that (since it's clearly someplace full is available if they're gonna run 5s), you shoot around on the other hoop, one person shows up, and then the 3s ends up bein like "yall wanna run 4s?".

It's basketball man. If you can't get a game, work on your shot til more people show up. Work on moves. Practice your off-hand. Also if the players are what I call "recreational" enough that they don't want to play with you yet, take that as the basketball gods saving you from an injury when one of them undercuts you or goes out of control and gets you hurt.

I've played all over. Midwest, South, Pac NW, Northeast, East Coast - it's basketball. The weirdest stuff happens. Find somewhere else to get a game. I imagine he did.

I wouldn't do it (not pick somebody up) but it's not all that weird. If the guys aren't from there, they're probably all friends. And as we all know, friends do dumb **** when it comes to pickup.

You got em all? "Yeah".
10 minutes later, the game ends and one of the losers gets on the incoming team, cause it's his friend.

Or you say you have next, but you need 2, but him and his 2 friends are like "we'll wait til next game" cause they wanna play together.

And I don't care most of the time because whether you just want to play with your friends or its because you think you're about to ball out and don't think your teammates are any good, because trying to judge somebody off looks or one or two games can often backfire on you. Now you waited an extra game for nothing, and then you're right back off the court because you thought you and your boys were gonna run things.

So MLH saying that would be a fight back in the day...ehhhhh. Also, what usually happens when people say stuff like that (since it's clearly someplace full is available if they're gonna run 5s), you shoot around on the other hoop, one person shows up, and then the 3s ends up bein like "yall wanna run 4s?".

It's basketball man. If you can't get a game, work on your shot til more people show up. Work on moves. Practice your off-hand. Also if the players are what I call "recreational" enough that they don't want to play with you yet, take that as the basketball gods saving you from an injury when one of them undercuts you or goes out of control and gets you hurt.

I've played all over. Midwest, South, Pac NW, Northeast, East Coast - it's basketball. The weirdest stuff happens. Find somewhere else to get a game. I imagine he did.
In my opinion. They not real ballers. When you play with certain people you get comfortable. I love an outside person coming in. Different mindset, and adjust. That’s me. People different bro.

In my opinion. They not real ballers. When you play with certain people you get comfortable. I love an outside person coming in. Different mindset, and adjust. That’s me. People different bro.

I agree with you, but not everybody's like us. Some of these people would say "I'm not" if you said you're not a real baller. I mean I'm sure you've seen it. A guy shooting around at 1 end and then you get 9 people, want to run full, and the guy doesn't want to play. He's content to shoot around or gives some excuse, so you have to keep playing 4s half court or something.

I love basketball, but for some people, they just treat it like a hobby, and if they don't want to play with you, they don't want to. Nothing to do at that point.

I agree with you, but not everybody's like us. Some of these people would say "I'm not" if you said you're not a real baller. I mean I'm sure you've seen it. A guy shooting around at 1 end and then you get 9 people, want to run full, and the guy doesn't want to play. He's content to shoot around or gives some excuse, so you have to keep playing 4s half court or something.

I love basketball, but for some people, they just treat it like a hobby, and if they don't want to play with you, they don't want to. Nothing to do at that point.
That mf on the other end of the court is me lol. Too old to be running with these dudes now. I’m content just shooting. Competitive nature is still there, my body ain’t. One thing I will not do is hold up a full court run because they may be down 1 or 2 people. I’ve ran 4 v 4 many times, even 3 on 3 on occasions, and I imagine everyone has. Dudes should’ve just ran with 4.

That mf on the other end of the court is me lol. Too old to be running with these dudes now. I’m content just shooting. Competitive nature is still there, my body ain’t. One thing I will not do is hold up a full court run because they may be down 1 or 2 people. I’ve ran 4 v 4 many times, even 3 on 3 on occasions, and I imagine everyone has. Dudes should’ve just ran with 4.

Yeah it's tough. I will typically always play, but I've been blessed to be able to play for a long time now. I also am not hitting up the courts where guys are casually doing bounce pass to themselves alley oops :lol:

I think I'll probably run til I pass away, but I gotta work on my flexibility at this point. I wish MLH would have said what court he was at. I've probably only played at 10 courts in the Philly area (seems that's where he is) but I"m curious if I know the one he was at. If it's the one at Clark Park, for example, I get it. But there are always people there so I can't imagine it was. Maybe eventually he'll say which court it was

exactly! i get it…you & the guys hit up a court together for a light/non serious run, if a random comes through to try to get in, it used to be custom to either change the parameters of the run to accommodate, i.e., play a 21 (32/50 depending on where you’re from) or king of the court, usually with a ‘let us finish this game’ or sometimes right on the spot but informal pick up basketball has been on the decline such that these norms no longer exist really 🤷🏿‍♂️

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom