Football Question

Real Advice needed....I go to USM on a full track and field scholarship, I am 6'1 1/2, 230lbs, 370 bench, 455 squat, 305 clean. I maxed at 34 inch vert 2 years ago, and I ran 4.40 on  a flying 30m sprint 3 weeks after having arthroscopic surgery on a torn meniscus.
Ive spent most of my life playing basketball which gave me quickness and helped cultivate my skill, but never played football....I have had a long time deciding whether or not i should try playing football, what do yall think? ive considered LB or HB

<object width="352" height="288" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="" /><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="352" height="288"></embed></object>

thats was me back in high school doing a windmill, ive always been really athletic for my size and weight

Real Advice needed....I go to USM on a full track and field scholarship, I am 6'1 1/2, 230lbs, 370 bench, 455 squat, 305 clean. I maxed at 34 inch vert 2 years ago, and I ran 4.40 on  a flying 30m sprint 3 weeks after having arthroscopic surgery on a torn meniscus.
Ive spent most of my life playing basketball which gave me quickness and helped cultivate my skill, but never played football....I have had a long time deciding whether or not i should try playing football, what do yall think? ive considered LB or HB

<object width="352" height="288" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="" /><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="352" height="288"></embed></object>

thats was me back in high school doing a windmill, ive always been really athletic for my size and weight

Coaches drool over potential conversions like you. You're a little late, should have thought about in high school but it could still work out.

DE, LB, TE, RB even WR, or safety, if you show any kind of natural instinct at any of those positions they'll take you on.  Have you talked to the coach? Spring ball is starting up.

Coaches drool over potential conversions like you. You're a little late, should have thought about in high school but it could still work out.

DE, LB, TE, RB even WR, or safety, if you show any kind of natural instinct at any of those positions they'll take you on.  Have you talked to the coach? Spring ball is starting up.

ive talked to a coach, and he mentioned me not needing to try out since im already an athlete on full scholarship at the school, but i aint sure if it might jeopardize my track scholarship, and im not sure if its worth it....ive gained like 40lbs since when that video was taken...i have a more up to date video that im tryna figure out how to load

ive talked to a coach, and he mentioned me not needing to try out since im already an athlete on full scholarship at the school, but i aint sure if it might jeopardize my track scholarship, and im not sure if its worth it....ive gained like 40lbs since when that video was taken...i have a more up to date video that im tryna figure out how to load

If you play football you have to be on a football scholarship. Do you know anything abt their scholarship situation? You can't play football on a scholarship in another sport, you have to count towards the 85 scholly limit. The old Alabama/Nebraska/Miami rule.

I'm not going to pretend to be a scout, but the different positions require different things. How well do you bend? Are you stiff? Can you flip your hips? Have football instincts? Hands? Long arms? How do you get in and out of your breaks? What's your football acumen? I think just off of sheer athleticism they'll take you, but a lot of other determining factors will say what position best suit you.

Just off sheer size though, @ 6'1 230 I'd say you'll play OLB. Maybe flexed out TE/HB (A la Orson Charles, Aaron Hernandez, etc) Not saying you are those guys, just saying.

Just a guess. But @ minimum you could be a ST'er.

But w/ all that said, I really have no idea
laugh.gif
. Good luck though bro
pimp.gif

If you play football you have to be on a football scholarship. Do you know anything abt their scholarship situation? You can't play football on a scholarship in another sport, you have to count towards the 85 scholly limit. The old Alabama/Nebraska/Miami rule.

I'm not going to pretend to be a scout, but the different positions require different things. How well do you bend? Are you stiff? Can you flip your hips? Have football instincts? Hands? Long arms? How do you get in and out of your breaks? What's your football acumen? I think just off of sheer athleticism they'll take you, but a lot of other determining factors will say what position best suit you.

Just off sheer size though, @ 6'1 230 I'd say you'll play OLB. Maybe flexed out TE/HB (A la Orson Charles, Aaron Hernandez, etc) Not saying you are those guys, just saying.

Just a guess. But @ minimum you could be a ST'er.

But w/ all that said, I really have no idea
laugh.gif
. Good luck though bro
pimp.gif

I know guys playing football with partial track scholarships, however i have a full track scholarship ...But yes i have pretty long arms i think 

I know guys playing football with partial track scholarships, however i have a full track scholarship ...But yes i have pretty long arms i think 

Yea go do it man. Set a goal and get it done. If you don't do it, you might beat yourself up. Keep a blog on it as well. I am pulling for you.

Yea go do it man. Set a goal and get it done. If you don't do it, you might beat yourself up. Keep a blog on it as well. I am pulling for you.

thats a more accurate image of me, i have filled out a lot.....but thanks for the comments, like someone mentioned earlier i dont want to regret never trying

Back
Top Bottom