For my NYers...

NY area military guys were notorious for this

they see value and status in broadcasting that they are connected to NY

NYers are by far the biggest posers of anyone ive met in the military or from working off shore

i was stationed in Florida for a few years. when it was time to hit up the beach most folks would have on normal beach wear...

NY dudes?
wife beater
swimming trunks
white socks
TIMBS
and dog tags

to the ****ing beach

.....because they gotta let you know

they cant turn that **** off foreal.

cant.

its fascinating to watch

Sounds like @Hahahaha beach attire

Speaking of fake accents...this one fitness cat on YouTube I swear started using a fake Boston accent. His name's Scott Herman or something.

His early videos he'd pronounce it "barbell" but his later videos he'd pronounce it as "bahbell" lol foh

NY accents are terrible sounding, why would you want to fake that?

NY area girls LOVE it

look, i get it.
im not knocking the hustle, im knocking the execution

funny thing was, New York, New Jersey, Philly, DC, etc. those girls loved a NY dude

island girls too

its like an authentic NY dude trumped any other east coast area with the girls from that same area

but when them dudes would try and throw that accent towards southern girls or cali, midwest, they would get clowned and laughed at

^ yoooooo :lol:
Truth be told, I was stationed in San Antonio and the NYers def wanted to be known that they were from there. Kid wasn't even from the city and tried to pull some accent. Someone told him to shut yo watertown mouth b

ive seen dudes in the military get beat down trying to claim some borough he wasnt really from

like they was straight up quizzing cats.
asking them about something on whatever corner of whatever borough.

if dude got to stuttering?
straight hands.

my roommate...

NY everything in the room
accent
whole 9

dude moved from NY to Florida when he was THREE

he grew up in some retirement community outside of Orlando or Miami

you do the math

if the goal....is to attract females
but your clothes gets you laughed at out loud and called a clown....from the females you want to attract

is it swag?

time and place for everything

b.

Timberlands and a wife beater in da summertime wit tats showing is a winner everywhere around where I'm from.

Anyone have any interesting reading on this? What I can't understand is those folks who grow up in say India, go to school in England, and live in the US and have a British accent.

If son was 19 when he left then he's never losing the accent.

At best, he'll sound like a cast member of the Sopranos when he's 40.

I want some personal experience responses. Who has moved from NY to a place without a accent for years, and still kept their accent without trying to keep it. I could understand if some words or sayings is still spoken with an accent. But EVERY sentence? Nah son. you trying too hard

This is me. It’s not every sentence for me but girls notice words definitely. I left when I was about 14.

My dad still has a strong NY accent.

Moved to Dallas Texas 4 years ago from Jersey, across the river from NYC.

Back north we say "you guys" "yous", I can't stand it when down here it's "Y'all"

Hell nah, I ain't never saying "yall"

Moved to Dallas Texas 4 years ago from Jersey, across the river from NYC.

Back north we say "you guys" "yous", I can't stand it when down here it's "Y'all"

Hell nah, I ain't never saying "yall"

What if you're talking to men and women??

NY area military guys were notorious for this

they see value and status in broadcasting that they are connected to NY

NYers are by far the biggest posers of anyone ive met in the military or from working off shore

i was stationed in Florida for a few years. when it was time to hit up the beach most folks would have on normal beach wear...

NY dudes?
wife beater
swimming trunks
white socks
TIMBS
and dog tags

to the ****ing beach

.....because they gotta let you know

they cant turn that **** off foreal.

cant.

its fascinating to watch
Facts, I'm from brooklyn and I was the only dude from NY in my platoon besides this other dude from the bronx.. when I first got there , there was this guy claiming to be from NY.... my chief warrant officer pulled up his records and he was from conneticut fronting hard.... lol, he wore a yankees fitted everyday..... this other dude claimed to be from brooklyn and he moved when he was 5... lol

I never portrayed to be something I wasnt... I got a lot of hate from certain dudes cause chicks use to flock heavy but it was all love.. half the time dudes would use me for clout... "aye, shawty this my patna from new yok" lol

New York dudes really wear timbs to the beach so ya'll gotta excuse them .... my homie came to visit from Dallas last year, this fool ain't been in NY in over 10 years. He pulled up on me with a yankees fitted and some beef and broccolis in the middle of july... lol

Boots in the summer is torture for your feet. Even if you’re wearing the lightest, most breathable socks.

Back
Top Bottom