For my NYers...

I live in San Francisco and we have Italian families that have been here for several generations. So every now and then, you'll encounter middle-aged Italians that sounds like they're from the east-coast. I struck up a conversation with this woman the DMV one day and at the end of it, I asked her when did she move to the city. I got confused when she told me she was a native San Francisco. A week later, I spoke to the other dude from my neighborhood that told me he was born out here to and he had that same damn accent.:lol:

I'm guessing they either got it from their relatives or it may have been their accent from their time-period growing up.

They don’t say “you all”

It’s the southern “y’alllll”

Hell nah. You guys gon’ learn today

What do you think "y'all" is? Its 'you all' ran together.

Still makes more sense than calling everyone a "guy". :lol:

What do you think "y'all" is? Its 'you all' ran together.

Still makes more sense than calling everyone a "guy". :lol:

I ain’t saying “y’all.

Not gonna happen.

You guys killing me.

You’s Guys, word to Joe Pesci

I ain’t saying “y’all.

Not gonna happen.

You guys killing me.

You’s Guys, word to Joe Pesci
thats great.

we say y'all. its easier.
i work with a chick from pennsylvania who says "yins" instead of yall. blew my mind

but to the ny cats that are asking, "what is a NY accent?"
yall are being obtuse
im assuming yall have been out of new york. cats don't speak like yall.
if you have never left ny...this doesn't apply to you.

sorry alp

I know somebody like this. He talks normal until somebody from NY comes around then he turns up the accent :lol:

I'm over here really trying to make "yins" work in a sentence. :lol:
exactly...took me forever. i thought she just had speech problems. literally replace yall with yins ( im not sure im spelling yins correctly though)

I’m from Boston been here my whole life sometimes I catch my self saying something with the accent. Never really thought I had it that bad

I say y’all and jawn but only when I’m taking to myself :lol: not to other people

I’m from Boston been here my whole life sometimes I catch my self saying something with the accent. Never really thought I had it that bad

I say y’all and jawn but only when I’m taking to myself :lol: not to other people

Do you people comment on it when you travel? I used to get roasted all the time. John Howard has one of the worst ones I know of around here.

Born and raised in NYC, 28 years, no accent
You think you don’t. I thought the same until I went cross country.

Even now I think I sound “neutral” until I go somewhere else I hear how different they talk and know I must sound different.

Back
Top Bottom