For NT'ers who have started a business, what advice could you give that you wish was given to you?

Gill Baka Esq. LLC.

formerly grimlock
So i'm considering opening up a business here in NYC within a year. I've been ruminating on my idea for only a month or so but it has pulled me in and I figure I would give myself 6-8 months more of research and learning about starting, operating, and managing a business before going all in.

The theme of the business is something I've seen done in NYC and other major cities but I feel it needs a more innovation. I feel I could potentially have something that draws on my passions and my skill set which to me means equally if not slightly more than making a huge profit.

For NT'ers who have started up a business whether just online or having a physical store, I was looking for some advice and some insight into going through something like this?

Any books, websites, people I should talk to?

I'm really starting at the beginning phases of this and would really like some more seasoned business people to chime in.

Thanks ahead for the posts.

:nthat:

I see you trynna set up shop in NY
The key to success is that you gotta have ya internet presence, in addition to ya brick and mortar location. You gotta be open to all generations. The youth might **** with you on the technological level, so you gotta do ya work through the internets. Now the older folks is all face to face. That's where you get personal.

Key to success is good customer service, and good product. Treat ya clientele well and make sure the product or service is on point. They gonna come back for more if you doing em right, daddy.

Only other advice I can give you is, NY ain't the same as OT playa..you can go and cop coke from the corner bodega. Hit the highway and take it to a town near you..and get that money man, get that money man

(Jk :lol:) I'm serious about the customer service aspect though. Keep your peoples happy

Last edited:
Use social media, establish your brand first before you invest any huge money...take advantage of the free advertising space that IG is...joint has helped my business sooooo much

You should make a business where you only sell US POLO ASSN, LACOSTE, Tommy Hilfiger, Nautica, Eddie Bauer, SUPREME POLO RIPS, ONLY NY POLO RIPS, Saucony x Packer shoes, GOLF WANG polo ripoffs, Beverly Hills polo club, and ROOS x PACKER SHOES................. and you call your business "IT AINT RALPH THOUGH"

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU ME

I was trying to save my 1000th post for my 4 years of sobriety, but I got caught up

Last edited:
Don't try to do too many things, but do something really well. When I opened my business I tried to offer 6 different services and was average at all of them. Quickly realized that one of them had more demand than the others and focused my energy there. I'm entering my sixth year in business and will be upgrading my equipment in January to allow myself to go after bigger clients.

Back
Top Bottom