For those who don't believe in Karma...

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Thanks op, this is the only evidence I needed. I now believe in karma.

roll.gif
I know right?

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

Tell me about it.
laugh.gif
 Such obtuse logic. 
I highlighted the original post just to see if there was a "jk" hidden in black. I mean, I really didn't believe he was serious.

Whatever, if this is OP's way to ease the harsh truth of knowing some kind people living in harsh conditions aren't rewarded for their admirable deeds, and criminals don't always pay for their wrongdoings, then cool.

Dude, the only person who's serious is ya'll . Ya'll have REALLY taken this out of context! It's a news article. That's IT.

It's a title to a post. That's all. It's not the be all/end all, or anything close to it.

Jesus Christ....
eyes.gif

Could it be possible that his wife's spirit followed him in the car as he got away and caused the accident? :scary

Could it be possible that his wife's spirit followed him in the car as he got away and caused the accident? :scary

Tell me about it.
laugh.gif
 Such obtuse logic. 
I highlighted the original post just to see if there was a "jk" hidden in black. I mean, I really didn't believe he was serious.

Whatever, if this is OP's way to ease the harsh truth of knowing some kind people living in harsh conditions aren't rewarded for their admirable deeds, and criminals don't always pay for their wrongdoings, then cool.

Dude, the only person who's serious is ya'll . Ya'll have REALLY taken this out of context! It's a news article. That's IT.

It's a title to a post. That's all. It's not the be all/end all, or anything close to it.

Jesus Christ....
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Ryda421

so according to your theory, an innocent bystander of a stray bullet is karma ? like for an example, a baby who gets shot because an idiot gangster cannot shoot accurately.
30t6p3b.gif
@ this whole thing.

nope, blame that on jesus.

so according to your theory, an innocent bystander of a stray bullet is karma ? like for an example, a baby who gets shot because an idiot gangster cannot shoot accurately.
30t6p3b.gif
@ this whole thing.

Reminds me of the time me, my boyfriend and a few co-workers of ours were chilling at one of their homes on his porch. He decides to make fun of me because I used to tap dance, starts tapping his feet.. and fell off the damn porch, his body still intact with the chair. Was a good three ft. drop, too. Good times..

Reminds me of the time me, my boyfriend and a few co-workers of ours were chilling at one of their homes on his porch. He decides to make fun of me because I used to tap dance, starts tapping his feet.. and fell off the damn porch, his body still intact with the chair. Was a good three ft. drop, too. Good times..

Originally Posted by Theta

Dont be ******ed, thats not how karma works. Karma aggregates all the good/bad things that you have done in this life and uses them to determine whether you will be reincarnated as a being thats superior/inferior to what you are now.

Karma is NOT - oh i did a bad thing, 20 mins later a bad thing happened to me.

It has to do with your entire life and you dont experience the results until your next life.
?????

What makes your explanation for how karma works any more valid than what op posted?????
im referring to the karma thats grounded in scripture. there is a 'correct' definition of what karma is in the same way that there is a 'correct' definition as to what Christianity is. Whether concepts are right or wrong is compeltely independent of what the term means. Karma is NOT what OP described, thats just a social perversion of the actual meaning of the term.

Hinduism, Buddhism . action, seen as bringing upon oneself inevitable results, good or bad, either in this life or in a reincarnation: in Hinduism one of the means of reaching Brahman. Compare bhakti ( def. 1 ) , jnana.

doesn't karma include present life consequences?
karma |ˈkärmə|
noun
(in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.
• informal destiny or fate, following as effect from cause.

DERIVATIVES
karmic |-mik| |ˈkɑrmɪk| adjective
karmically |-mik(ə)lē| adverb
ORIGIN from Sanskrit karman ‘action, effect, fate.’
__

Source: Oxford American Dictionary.

yes, but don't these FUTURE consequences include future consequences in your present life. Does it HAVE to be in a future life, in reincarnation? That's what I was getting at. The definition you posted doesn't address this.

Dont be ******ed, thats not how karma works. Karma aggregates all the good/bad things that you have done in this life and uses them to determine whether you will be reincarnated as a being thats superior/inferior to what you are now.

Karma is NOT - oh i did a bad thing, 20 mins later a bad thing happened to me.

It has to do with your entire life and you dont experience the results until your next life.
?????

What makes your explanation for how karma works any more valid than what op posted?????
im referring to the karma thats grounded in scripture. there is a 'correct' definition of what karma is in the same way that there is a 'correct' definition as to what Christianity is. Whether concepts are right or wrong is compeltely independent of what the term means. Karma is NOT what OP described, thats just a social perversion of the actual meaning of the term.

Hinduism, Buddhism . action, seen as bringing upon oneself inevitable results, good or bad, either in this life or in a reincarnation: in Hinduism one of the means of reaching Brahman. Compare bhakti ( def. 1 ) , jnana.

doesn't karma include present life consequences?
karma |ˈkärmə|
noun
(in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.
• informal destiny or fate, following as effect from cause.

DERIVATIVES
karmic |-mik| |ˈkɑrmɪk| adjective
karmically |-mik(ə)lē| adverb
ORIGIN from Sanskrit karman ‘action, effect, fate.’
__

Source: Oxford American Dictionary.

yes, but don't these FUTURE consequences include future consequences in your present life. Does it HAVE to be in a future life, in reincarnation? That's what I was getting at. The definition you posted doesn't address this.

either karma exists or i've been getting real lucky lately. either way, i'm happy to have good karma or be lucky since i've had it work in my favor 3 times this past school semester

1. i lost my phone (iphone 1 or 2 g, i forget cause i got it from my uncle) on the university bus (i'm at a college town). then i texted it from my friends phone and the person returned it a little bit after.

2. lost my sunglasses (black classic supers) in a building, and i found them on the university bus on the seat next to me.
my favorite incident, because i'm sure these were my exact pair that i lost. i don't think very many people that go to my school know what supers are so it's weird to find either my pair that i lost or the same model regardless.

3. lost my wallet on the bus, someone returned it about 2 weeks later... no cash left though :/

for some reason i've developed a knack for losing things recently... i suppose it's making up for the fact that i usually don't lose stuff. until now, but at least i'm getting all my stuff back

either karma exists or i've been getting real lucky lately. either way, i'm happy to have good karma or be lucky since i've had it work in my favor 3 times this past school semester

1. i lost my phone (iphone 1 or 2 g, i forget cause i got it from my uncle) on the university bus (i'm at a college town). then i texted it from my friends phone and the person returned it a little bit after.

2. lost my sunglasses (black classic supers) in a building, and i found them on the university bus on the seat next to me.
my favorite incident, because i'm sure these were my exact pair that i lost. i don't think very many people that go to my school know what supers are so it's weird to find either my pair that i lost or the same model regardless.

3. lost my wallet on the bus, someone returned it about 2 weeks later... no cash left though :/

for some reason i've developed a knack for losing things recently... i suppose it's making up for the fact that i usually don't lose stuff. until now, but at least i'm getting all my stuff back

Your title is some sort of declaration that non-believers of the concept have been proven wrong. Proven wrong by one instance of a guy dying after killing his wife.

If karma were real, why do any babies die? You're clearly implying that it takes place in one's lifetime. If karma were real, it would be prevalent in every occurrence, not some.

Or maybe if they aren't caught now, they're caught in the next lifetime. If so, do you think, "Damn, that baby must have done some dirty things in his previous life to suffer brain damage and die after his angry father shook him so violently"?

No one is taking anything seriously, they're just showing you how flawed your logic is. 

Your title is some sort of declaration that non-believers of the concept have been proven wrong. Proven wrong by one instance of a guy dying after killing his wife.

If karma were real, why do any babies die? You're clearly implying that it takes place in one's lifetime. If karma were real, it would be prevalent in every occurrence, not some.

Or maybe if they aren't caught now, they're caught in the next lifetime. If so, do you think, "Damn, that baby must have done some dirty things in his previous life to suffer brain damage and die after his angry father shook him so violently"?

No one is taking anything seriously, they're just showing you how flawed your logic is. 

Originally Posted by sangalang

Well damn! Congrats! I've never lost a phone before...def.misplaced, and I got sick over that, so to lose it for good? Lawd have mercy...

Lost my wallet once. I already knew I wasn't gettin that back...and I didnt. Wasn't trippin off the money; just pissed I had to get a new license, cards, etc.

Originally Posted by sangalang

Well damn! Congrats! I've never lost a phone before...def.misplaced, and I got sick over that, so to lose it for good? Lawd have mercy...

Lost my wallet once. I already knew I wasn't gettin that back...and I didnt. Wasn't trippin off the money; just pissed I had to get a new license, cards, etc.

laugh.gif
Ok. You win! You ALL win! It's really not that serious! I just posted a story...thought it was crazy that he killed his wife, tried to get away, and died moments later. That's it!

laugh.gif
Ok. You win! You ALL win! It's really not that serious! I just posted a story...thought it was crazy that he killed his wife, tried to get away, and died moments later. That's it!

^yeah, real lucky this is a college town so it's real easy to get your lost items back.

just after i got my wallet back, i found a phone and a notebook (separate occasions) and returned those to their owners.

building up that karma
pimp.gif

regardless if karma isn't real, at least i'm doing good deeds and hopefully that'll inspire those people to do the same when they find lost items

^yeah, real lucky this is a college town so it's real easy to get your lost items back.

just after i got my wallet back, i found a phone and a notebook (separate occasions) and returned those to their owners.

building up that karma
pimp.gif

regardless if karma isn't real, at least i'm doing good deeds and hopefully that'll inspire those people to do the same when they find lost items

Originally Posted by CWrite78

30t6p3b.gif
@ this whole thing.

or you can blame it on the fathers sins

Originally Posted by CWrite78

30t6p3b.gif
@ this whole thing.

or you can blame it on the fathers sins

Back
Top Bottom