For Those Who Have Installed Memory On Their Computer...

Originally Posted by b4n30n3

Ok I see you got it done with no problems. Yea just get that other gig and throw it in the other slot you will be good. I run 2 gig in my system and it is golden for win vista.

Yep... Thanks for checkin' back, though.

i have 512 mb installed right now, its 2 256mb sticks, and theres one empty slot, can i go buy 3 1 gigs nd drop em in?

Originally Posted by BOOSTMAN2391

i have 512 mb installed right now, its 2 256mb sticks, and theres one empty slot, can i go buy 3 1 gigs nd drop em in?
It depends if your mother board can support 1gig dimms. it will probly work.

Go to www.crucial.com, man. It really is a good site. On the home page, use the Memory Advisor Tool and locate yourspecific computer.

Then, once you've done that, it will tell you the maximum amount of Memory that you can put, per slot.

eek.gif
@ the prices i thought they were like 20 bucks i look at the 1 gig 2 packs and there like 400$

eek.gif
@ the prices i thought they were like 20 bucks i look at the 1 gig 2 packs and there like 400$

they are a lot cheaper than 400 hundred. you must be looking at some sli memory at like bestbuy or something. stick to newegg.com

Go to actual stores, too. My 1 GB stick was on sale for $60 at Best Buy.

The guy who helped me out said there's almost always one or two memory sticks that are on crazy discounts, for the week.

Back
Top Bottom