For those who have visited DC... help a NTer out

What's up fam... please help a fellow NTer out in helping to plan a great trip - (please copy and paste)
glasses.gif

MUST DO -

MUST VISIT (MUSEUM WISE) -

MUST EAT -

MUST SHOP AT -

COOL CONCERTS/EVENTS -

DO NOT -

AVOID DOING THIS -

What's up fam... please help a fellow NTer out in helping to plan a great trip - (please copy and paste)
glasses.gif

MUST DO -

MUST EAT -

MUST SHOP AT -

COOL CONCERTS/EVENTS -

DO NOT -

AVOID DOING THIS -

In before all the stupid +@@ unprotected sex jokes.Anyway. 
 MUST DO - Check out the nightlife. I'm tired of it...but that's because I OD'd on it. To a tourist...a night on the town should be fun.

MUST VISIT (MUSEUM WISE) -  Air & Space. Check out all of them though. They're free.

MUST EAT -  Ray's Hell Burger (Arlington, VA - short walk from Rosslyn Metro)

MUST SHOP AT - I don't know about "must" but Georgetown is our cliche snobby shopping district with luxury retailers. Major is here too if you want kicks.

COOL CONCERTS/EVENTS -  Depends on when you're coming.

DO NOT -  Get outta pocket w/ the kids on the metro (if you're riding it). They will beat the !+%% out of you with no remorse.

AVOID DOING THIS - Simple City, Barry Farms, 640, Potomac Gardens, Sursum Corda

MUST DO - Check out the nightlife. I'm tired of it...but that's because I OD'd on it. To a tourist...a night on the town should be fun.

MUST VISIT (MUSEUM WISE) -  Air & Space. Check out all of them though. They're free.

MUST SHOP AT - I don't know about "must" but Georgetown is our cliche snobby shopping district with luxury retailers. Major is here too if you want kicks.

DO NOT -  Get outta pocket w/ the kids on the metro (if you're riding it). They will beat the !+%% out of you with no remorse.

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

glasses.gif

MUST DO -

MUST EAT -

MUST SHOP AT -

COOL CONCERTS/EVENTS -

DO NOT -

AVOID DOING THIS -

a great trip to D.C?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I'm trying to plan a great one AWAY from here...but umm

must do- I mean depends on what you like, you can hit up some bowling spots (maryland), visit HU campus (the women there are
tongue.gif
), magic johnson theater for some movies, visit the *******'s stadium if you want.
laugh.gif

Must visit (museums?)- Air and Space museum, The Spy museum down town, hit up the Monument, and you can walk all the way up all of them damn floors
sick.gif
sick.gif
, Try to hit up the black wax museum if it's still there somewhere in Maryland, it's about slavery, also hit up the holocaust museum

must eat- well the mall's down here will give you an okay selection at their food courts...Wheaton mall, Silver Spring, P.G. Plaza.....they got some carribean spots down here (try the jerk chicken and curry chicken
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
), or you can hit up chipotle, but don't be surprised if you have to stand outside in the line...chipotle is food heaven down here to people, chik-fil-A, and you can visit the "cheesecake factory" (never been, or have i tried chik-fil-a)

must shop at- H&M, take your female friend's to forever 21 if that's their thing, Hot topic, Macy's (for the ralph lauren/lacoste section), it's up to you, or you could hit those mall's I listed..oh and how must i forget GEORGETOWN and PENTAGON CITY (it's in Virginia but the train will take you right there, just get off the train and walk straight into the mall).
pimp.gif

cool concerts/events?- Verizon Center to watch the Wizards, clubs? love, Ibiza, Lux Lounge, Fur Nightclub,  Zanzibar on the water front, Platinum, Ultra bar and lounge (very mixed crowd) most have different sections, like a spanish section, a techno section, etc...only been to Fur and Lux, it's so many clubs to list my goodness...be prepared to drop 20-25 bills, and the drinks go for $8 as I've witnessed  (don't drink lol). They also have spots that have rock and roll musicians come down and perform live, I think one's on H street N.E. but I don't know the name. For the clubs though, you have to dress casual (a button up, some casual shoes, etc), they'll turn you down wearing Jordan's and penny's.

DO NOT- come down here speeding if you drive, cameras are all up over the city and you will get caught if you think you're duke's of hazard. If you part downtown somewhere (if you can FIND a parking space) please, please put money in the meter, cus if you don't you will come back and find a ticket on your car.

AVOID- Stay out the hood's
laugh.gif
, but just by passing them on the bus/ driving you'll know which areas are bad and which are good...

glasses.gif

MUST DO -

MUST EAT -

MUST SHOP AT -

COOL CONCERTS/EVENTS -

DO NOT -

AVOID DOING THIS -

a great trip to D.C?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

must do- I mean depends on what you like, you can hit up some bowling spots (maryland), visit HU campus (the women there are
tongue.gif
), magic johnson theater for some movies, visit the *******'s stadium if you want.
laugh.gif

Must visit (museums?)- Air and Space museum, The Spy museum down town, hit up the Monument, and you can walk all the way up all of them damn floors
sick.gif
sick.gif
, Try to hit up the black wax museum if it's still there somewhere in Maryland, it's about slavery, also hit up the holocaust museum

must eat- well the mall's down here will give you an okay selection at their food courts...Wheaton mall, Silver Spring, P.G. Plaza.....they got some carribean spots down here (try the jerk chicken and curry chicken
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
), or you can hit up chipotle, but don't be surprised if you have to stand outside in the line...chipotle is food heaven down here to people, chik-fil-A, and you can visit the "cheesecake factory" (never been, or have i tried chik-fil-a)

must shop at- H&M, take your female friend's to forever 21 if that's their thing, Hot topic, Macy's (for the ralph lauren/lacoste section), it's up to you, or you could hit those mall's I listed..oh and how must i forget GEORGETOWN and PENTAGON CITY (it's in Virginia but the train will take you right there, just get off the train and walk straight into the mall).
pimp.gif

cool concerts/events?- Verizon Center to watch the Wizards, clubs? love, Ibiza, Lux Lounge, Fur Nightclub,  Zanzibar on the water front, Platinum, Ultra bar and lounge (very mixed crowd) most have different sections, like a spanish section, a techno section, etc...only been to Fur and Lux, it's so many clubs to list my goodness...be prepared to drop 20-25 bills, and the drinks go for $8 as I've witnessed  (don't drink lol). They also have spots that have rock and roll musicians come down and perform live, I think one's on H street N.E. but I don't know the name. For the clubs though, you have to dress casual (a button up, some casual shoes, etc), they'll turn you down wearing Jordan's and penny's.

DO NOT- come down here speeding if you drive, cameras are all up over the city and you will get caught if you think you're duke's of hazard. If you part downtown somewhere (if you can FIND a parking space) please, please put money in the meter, cus if you don't you will come back and find a ticket on your car.

laugh.gif
, but just by passing them on the bus/ driving you'll know which areas are bad and which are good...

Originally Posted by Im Not You

tired.gif
from the start of January up until now, their have probably been at least over 15 reports (probably more) of people getting jumped or put in the hospital because of a group of young teens acting up on public transportation...be careful dude, really.

but the one time last week where I did get on the train from two years of not riding it, I seen police officers on the trains and posted at the subway..so you shouldn't worry too much.

tired.gif
from the start of January up until now, their have probably been at least over 15 reports (probably more) of people getting jumped or put in the hospital because of a group of young teens acting up on public transportation...be careful dude, really.

but the one time last week where I did get on the train from two years of not riding it, I seen police officers on the trains and posted at the subway..so you shouldn't worry too much.

I went to DC for a few hours, didnt get to check out as much as I planned to... But I stopped by the Holocaust Museum, it was pretty cool... Should try to stop by there

I went to DC for a few hours, didnt get to check out as much as I planned to... But I stopped by the Holocaust Museum, it was pretty cool... Should try to stop by there

Air and Space and the Natural History museum. It's been many moons since I went though. Every city I go to I make an effort to hit up the Natural History museums.

Air and Space and the Natural History museum. It's been many moons since I went though. Every city I go to I make an effort to hit up the Natural History museums.

MUST DO - GOTTA swing past the White House

MUST VISIT (MUSEUM WISE) - National Geographic Museum's I AM exhibit.

MUST EAT - 5 Guys Burgers and Fries. (Not sure if they're everywhere yet.)

MUST SHOP AT - I don't know anywhere in particular. Down in Georgetown maybe?

COOL CONCERTS/EVENTS - I hadn't heard about anything, but when you get here pick up an "Express". People around here will know what you're talking about.

DO NOT - Go raw. By any means.

AVOID DOING THIS - Riding the metro. There's nothing wrong with the Metro but if you can avoid it, avoid it.

MUST DO - GOTTA swing past the White House

MUST VISIT (MUSEUM WISE) - National Geographic Museum's I AM exhibit.

MUST EAT - 5 Guys Burgers and Fries. (Not sure if they're everywhere yet.)

MUST SHOP AT - I don't know anywhere in particular. Down in Georgetown maybe?

COOL CONCERTS/EVENTS - I hadn't heard about anything, but when you get here pick up an "Express". People around here will know what you're talking about.

DO NOT - Go raw. By any means.

AVOID DOING THIS - Riding the metro. There's nothing wrong with the Metro but if you can avoid it, avoid it.

go to u street or adams morgan for night life make sure you get a jumbo slice

Georgetown for shopping ralph lauren and rugby stores

U street also has live performances

Maybe a nationals or capitals game or even wizards

go to the holocaust museum or native american museum

go to u street or adams morgan for night life make sure you get a jumbo slice

Georgetown for shopping ralph lauren and rugby stores

U street also has live performances

Maybe a nationals or capitals game or even wizards

go to the holocaust museum or native american museum

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

glasses.gif

MUST DO -

MUST EAT -

MUST SHOP AT -

COOL CONCERTS/EVENTS -

DO NOT -

AVOID DOING THIS -

a great trip to D.C?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

tongue.gif
laugh.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif

tongue.gif
tongue.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Majority of the stuff he said to do...you should avoid.  I mean, I hope you're joking..pg plaza? wheaton mall? why would anybody ever want to do that???  Might as well tell them to hit Laurel mall for some good eats. you loafin.

on another note..everybody has a barry farms story..lol  

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

glasses.gif

MUST DO -

MUST EAT -

MUST SHOP AT -

COOL CONCERTS/EVENTS -

DO NOT -

AVOID DOING THIS -

a great trip to D.C?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

tongue.gif
laugh.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif

tongue.gif
tongue.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Majority of the stuff he said to do...you should avoid.  I mean, I hope you're joking..pg plaza? wheaton mall? why would anybody ever want to do that???  Might as well tell them to hit Laurel mall for some good eats. you loafin.

on another note..everybody has a barry farms story..lol  

I been there like 6 times in the past year, and it always throws me off seeing the white house, then going a few blocks north and seeing bums, and crack heads.

I been there like 6 times in the past year, and it always throws me off seeing the white house, then going a few blocks north and seeing bums, and crack heads.

In before all the stupid +@@ unprotected sex jokes. Anyway. 

Agreed! 
-
laugh.gif
@ the Metro comment! It is true though, I ride everyday, just stay to yourself and ignore all the ignorant stuff you may here or see and you will be fine. (headphones and a game on the cell should do the trick)
-If you are a seafood person check out McCormick and Schmicks or Oceanaire

DC night life is cool if you just chilling...If you want to talk to females be prepaired for the stankys attitudes you may encounter in your life. (you may go 2/10 avoid sketchy females they may test positive)  

Enjoy DC!

Back
Top Bottom