For those who have visited DC... help a NTer out

Method, so you suggest that CVS in urban areas keep those products (along with deoderant, cigs, and condoms) on the floor even though they are the 3 most stolen items? View it from the store and not the consumer social aspect.

Method, so you suggest that CVS in urban areas keep those products (along with deoderant, cigs, and condoms) on the floor even though they are the 3 most stolen items? View it from the store and not the consumer social aspect.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Bingo them joints get snatched with the quickness.  Loss prevention had to come up with something. 

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Bingo them joints get snatched with the quickness.  Loss prevention had to come up with something. 

BEN'S CHILLI BOWL !!!!!!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HJDM

Originally Posted by IamMD

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

Majority of the stuff he said to do...you should avoid.  I mean, I hope you're joking..pg plaza? wheaton mall? why would anybody ever want to do that???  Might as well tell them to hit Laurel mall for some good eats. you loafin.

on another note..everybody has a barry farms story..lol  

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

MUST DO - Standard tourist stuff.  National Mall/monuments, go hit up Ben's, maybe set up a congressional tour through your representative.  At least seeing the White House is a must, taking the tour is kinda
eyes.gif
imho, they don't let you see much, and it's a pain to set it up through your rep.

MUST VISIT (MUSEUM WISE) - Air and Space, Natural History, Native American.. the rest is up to you if you like art.  I like Freer/Sackler the best.

MUST EAT - Be a tourist: go to Ben's.  Other than that, Ray's Hell Burger is just about as good as the hype says it is.. like someone else said, go to 8th Street Country Club for your drinking needs.  Minigolf
pimp.gif

MUST SHOP AT - Since you're on NT.. Commonwealth/Stussy/Major/Palace 5ive are probably your best bets.  Other than that, just walk around GTown.

COOL CONCERTS/EVENTS - Check DCist.com, or just hit up a Wizards game.  Walk around Adams Morgan a bit if you have the time, pretty good bar scene.

DO NOT - Stare at people on the Metro.  But use it, and use it often.. driving in DC is worthless.

AVOID DOING THIS -Like Imnotyou said... Simple City, Barry Farms, 640, Potomac Gardens, Sursum Corda, etc.  DC isn't a perfect city by any means, but that said it's not the urban nightmare some people say it is.  Just be cool and you'll be fine 
smile.gif

Hope you enjoy the trip man, DC's a great city!
this

Whomever said go to a PG Mall is ******ed and isnt from here.... Nobody shops in PG County, not even the residents. 

If you do want to go shopping go to Tysons in VA (20 min from DC) or even Pentagon (right across DC Line)...If you want boutiques and couture, Georgetown is a good spot and Also Mazza Gallerie (straight up Wisconsin Ave/ Friendship Heights Metro) Mazza Gallerie has Niemans, Bloomingdales, Gucci, Cartier, Prada Saks, Barneys, and etc. 

Also go to U Street...Lots of bars/lounges/clubs there...and its Metro Accessible.. 

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

Majority of the stuff he said to do...you should avoid.  I mean, I hope you're joking..pg plaza? wheaton mall? why would anybody ever want to do that???  Might as well tell them to hit Laurel mall for some good eats. you loafin.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

MUST DO - Standard tourist stuff.  National Mall/monuments, go hit up Ben's, maybe set up a congressional tour through your representative.  At least seeing the White House is a must, taking the tour is kinda
eyes.gif
imho, they don't let you see much, and it's a pain to set it up through your rep.

MUST VISIT (MUSEUM WISE) - Air and Space, Natural History, Native American.. the rest is up to you if you like art.  I like Freer/Sackler the best.

MUST EAT - Be a tourist: go to Ben's.  Other than that, Ray's Hell Burger is just about as good as the hype says it is.. like someone else said, go to 8th Street Country Club for your drinking needs.  Minigolf
pimp.gif

MUST SHOP AT - Since you're on NT.. Commonwealth/Stussy/Major/Palace 5ive are probably your best bets.  Other than that, just walk around GTown.

COOL CONCERTS/EVENTS - Check DCist.com, or just hit up a Wizards game.  Walk around Adams Morgan a bit if you have the time, pretty good bar scene.

DO NOT - Stare at people on the Metro.  But use it, and use it often.. driving in DC is worthless.

AVOID DOING THIS -Like Imnotyou said... Simple City, Barry Farms, 640, Potomac Gardens, Sursum Corda, etc.  DC isn't a perfect city by any means, but that said it's not the urban nightmare some people say it is.  Just be cool and you'll be fine 
smile.gif

this

Whomever said go to a PG Mall is ******ed and isnt from here.... Nobody shops in PG County, not even the residents. 

If you do want to go shopping go to Tysons in VA (20 min from DC) or even Pentagon (right across DC Line)...If you want boutiques and couture, Georgetown is a good spot and Also Mazza Gallerie (straight up Wisconsin Ave/ Friendship Heights Metro) Mazza Gallerie has Niemans, Bloomingdales, Gucci, Cartier, Prada Saks, Barneys, and etc. 

Also go to U Street...Lots of bars/lounges/clubs there...and its Metro Accessible.. 

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

pimp.gif

smile.gif

this

How does one get to Tysons Corner Mall without a car? No metro or bus goes there.............or am I wrong?

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

pimp.gif

smile.gif

this

How does one get to Tysons Corner Mall without a car? No metro or bus goes there.............or am I wrong?

Back
Top Bottom