For those who listened, opinions on Fat Trel?

I liked the 1st project (really the 2nd) No Secrets. I wasn't too impressed w/ April Foolz, but I'm still anxious to hear future releases whether they be singles or full mixtapes
Any other thoughts on him?

I liked the 1st project (really the 2nd) No Secrets. I wasn't too impressed w/ April Foolz, but I'm still anxious to hear future releases whether they be singles or full mixtapes
Any other thoughts on him?

I mess with the fool...

I like no secrets better than april foolz but both have some joints on there...

I'm gonna be on the lookout for his new stuff too..

I mess with the fool...

I like no secrets better than april foolz but both have some joints on there...

I'm gonna be on the lookout for his new stuff too..

Co sign with above statements. April foolz sounds sloppy to me. IMO no secrets could have been a real album like for sell. Very well done for an up and coming artist. I listened to april foolz like twice since ive had it, still cant play it back and forth like no secrets. Dude has talent although his lyrics are starting to sound redundant...still my fav new artist.

Co sign with above statements. April foolz sounds sloppy to me. IMO no secrets could have been a real album like for sell. Very well done for an up and coming artist. I listened to april foolz like twice since ive had it, still cant play it back and forth like no secrets. Dude has talent although his lyrics are starting to sound redundant...still my fav new artist.

^ Basically sums it up.

He needs to get signed under a veteran artist/label to hopefully help w/ that redundancy issue.

He has a slight connection w/ Bricksquad Monopoly (Flocka's label) as he has a few songs w/ that cat from Landover who Flocka signed, Tay Don....buuuuuuut

I only see redundancy if he ends up signing with them

^ Basically sums it up.

He needs to get signed under a veteran artist/label to hopefully help w/ that redundancy issue.

He has a slight connection w/ Bricksquad Monopoly (Flocka's label) as he has a few songs w/ that cat from Landover who Flocka signed, Tay Don....buuuuuuut

I only see redundancy if he ends up signing with them

Major artists sound redundant so that's a moot point. Rick Ross is winning right now and he literally is making the same song over and over. It's all about a formula.

Trel has it. He doesn't even need a major co-sign. From what I understand...the labels already believe in his movement right now. I suspect a deal before the year is up.

Major artists sound redundant so that's a moot point. Rick Ross is winning right now and he literally is making the same song over and over. It's all about a formula.

Trel has it. He doesn't even need a major co-sign. From what I understand...the labels already believe in his movement right now. I suspect a deal before the year is up.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

nah...his redundancy is on another level. i understand what you saying...but i can tell that trel REALLY loves eating the box, sharing his girls, and killing fools if necessary. one of those is in every other line. I am not discrediting him because with maturity in the industry he will learn to rap in and about other ways or things. As a young artist his redundancy shouldnt be so obvious imo already.

nah...his redundancy is on another level. i understand what you saying...but i can tell that trel REALLY loves eating the box, sharing his girls, and killing fools if necessary. one of those is in every other line. I am not discrediting him because with maturity in the industry he will learn to rap in and about other ways or things. As a young artist his redundancy shouldnt be so obvious imo already.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

@Im Not You
I understand your point, every artist has a particular redundant listing of songs...but its all about flow, melody..etc. Not saying I didn't appreciate him on April Foolz, but honestly the beats were not fine tuned. It's all about a complete package, I don't doubt Trel...**** I have fam invested in him.. my cuz Elliott is apart of his crew & Dakari Dudley who is my cousin in law per say (cousin's baby father if you will) is his manager, but beyond that I really like his music, his attitude, & the entire SB movement. (see cremate em, wonton soup, no secrets, & Wale's "The Work" video for references of the aforementioned two fam members) 

Basically I say that to say this..i can take Waka in small increments, whereas I can listen to Ross on multiple LP's before i feel the need to switch up the music. I want Trel to reach the Clipse, Young Jeezy, Ross, jadakiss redunancy level. It sounds dumb..yes plain outright ignorant of me to say but I get more out of their music then I do a lot of other rappers

@Im Not You
I understand your point, every artist has a particular redundant listing of songs...but its all about flow, melody..etc. Not saying I didn't appreciate him on April Foolz, but honestly the beats were not fine tuned. It's all about a complete package, I don't doubt Trel...**** I have fam invested in him.. my cuz Elliott is apart of his crew & Dakari Dudley who is my cousin in law per say (cousin's baby father if you will) is his manager, but beyond that I really like his music, his attitude, & the entire SB movement. (see cremate em, wonton soup, no secrets, & Wale's "The Work" video for references of the aforementioned two fam members) 

Basically I say that to say this..i can take Waka in small increments, whereas I can listen to Ross on multiple LP's before i feel the need to switch up the music. I want Trel to reach the Clipse, Young Jeezy, Ross, jadakiss redunancy level. It sounds dumb..yes plain outright ignorant of me to say but I get more out of their music then I do a lot of other rappers

The way I formulate my opinions on rap is a bit different than most. Content is what you make it. I generally hear HOW rappers say things. Not necessarily what they say. 

That's why I never played the "he raps about the same things" argument when it comes to hip hop. At the end of the day...the best music is made when artists stay within their comfort zones. I'd rather a guy sound "redundant" than to step out of who they are and force something. That's why Jay-Z is still relevant today. He remained him as far as content went. The skills behind that is what really matters the most. IMO, Trel is the closest thing we've seen to Beans. Of course there's a ton of tough talk but these !*%$+$ are rapping at a high level. Huge difference between someone like Flocka and someone like Trel. The syntax, the use of figurative language, wordplay, etc. are what makes Trel dope IMO. You can clearly tell he's a student of the genre.

The way I formulate my opinions on rap is a bit different than most. Content is what you make it. I generally hear HOW rappers say things. Not necessarily what they say. 

That's why I never played the "he raps about the same things" argument when it comes to hip hop. At the end of the day...the best music is made when artists stay within their comfort zones. I'd rather a guy sound "redundant" than to step out of who they are and force something. That's why Jay-Z is still relevant today. He remained him as far as content went. The skills behind that is what really matters the most. IMO, Trel is the closest thing we've seen to Beans. Of course there's a ton of tough talk but these !*%$+$ are rapping at a high level. Huge difference between someone like Flocka and someone like Trel. The syntax, the use of figurative language, wordplay, etc. are what makes Trel dope IMO. You can clearly tell he's a student of the genre.

Originally Posted by Born illa

uh-oh. D.C about to crucify another one of it's premier artists. 
?

laugh.gif

It's actually great reads in here.  And you don't have to worry about Trel coming in here on his Ralph Tresvant which will lead folks to, er, "crucify" him.  Dude is a G -- unlike others.  There is a vast difference.

Im Not You said:

IMO, Trel is the closest thing we've seen to Beans.
+1

He a youngin' too.  Wish him the best.  I've always been a square, but I hope the "life" of substances and living fast don't kill his potential and ceiling.  Sky is the limit if he makes the correct decisions career wise...

?

laugh.gif

It's actually great reads in here.  And you don't have to worry about Trel coming in here on his Ralph Tresvant which will lead folks to, er, "crucify" him.  Dude is a G -- unlike others.  There is a vast difference.

Im Not You said:

+1

He a youngin' too.  Wish him the best.  I've always been a square, but I hope the "life" of substances and living fast don't kill his potential and ceiling.  Sky is the limit if he makes the correct decisions career wise...

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

?

laugh.gif

Im Not You said:

+1

I pray that others see the light like you do sir. 

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

?

laugh.gif

Im Not You said:

+1

I pray that others see the light like you do sir. 

Since we on the topic...

ONLY thing I'm not feeling is the SB/Soundboard's website and clothing.

Sorry, but you are backed by a major artist/major artist backing you.  Very popular.  Very cult.

The first thing people go to (website) after they see the major artist in a hat/t/hoodie should be tighter than 3 heads in a CRX, word to Rah Diggah.

And to me, its not.  It looks 3rd class.  That needs to be addressed.  Zazzle shouldn't even be in the equation -- they openingly customize anything for everyone...

Besides that, I'm all for what I see from the SB movement...

Since we on the topic...

ONLY thing I'm not feeling is the SB/Soundboard's website and clothing.

Sorry, but you are backed by a major artist/major artist backing you.  Very popular.  Very cult.

The first thing people go to (website) after they see the major artist in a hat/t/hoodie should be tighter than 3 heads in a CRX, word to Rah Diggah.

And to me, its not.  It looks 3rd class.  That needs to be addressed.  Zazzle shouldn't even be in the equation -- they openingly customize anything for everyone...

Besides that, I'm all for what I see from the SB movement...

Back
Top Bottom