FOR THOSE WHO STOPPED CLUBBING.....

This is to all my older Nters or those who gave up on the scene for whatever reason,

What were your Prime clubbin years? Time when you were most active?

03-10 was my Attitude Era in terms of nightlife. 18-25 every weekend damn near. Hitting the barbershop for a fresh line, liquor store run for partron/Ciroc, peach optimo and gatorade for the ride back. Hitting the allnight burger joint/ Ihop. N' had to work back in the day, dudes wasn't even ******g with facebook like that it was catching a bad one at the club for me. 181, 17, NV, Boss, Mission Rock, Wet, Toons, Zazau's, Shattuck Down Low, Tabellas, Whisper, Cocomo's, Empire, Sugars, Webster Hall in NY along with Santos.

Its my ten year reunion and me and my boy were talking bout how the years went by and man thats was a fun run those years. Now I can't stand going to the club, you new jacks are just too much man :lol: Plus just not feeling the music yall be vibing too.

Wipe Me Down was vicious back in 07 :smh: Buy You A Drink shut it down :pimp: :pimp:

Ying Yang Twins, Dipset, Old Wiz, Old TI, Crunk, Hyphy. And don't even get me started on the amount of twerking Sean Paul brought to my lap :smh:

What about yall?

Clubbing didn't last for me. I was heavy into it from 21-24/25ish. About to turn 28 next month. If i go to a club now, it better be someones birthday, I better be on a guest list, and they better have a table cuz I damn sure ain't standing all night 
laugh.gif

18-25

Then when I went to Vegas it rekindled........I'll go a few times during summer season. Open patios, night pool parties, expensive ads club here n there. I'm 28 now an like guy above it better be a group VIP deal, cabana etc.

Last edited:
I feel the same way! My prime clubbing years (23-26) were spent in Japan where the girls don't even dance with guys, they dance facing the dj like its a concert or something. I was happy about moving back to the US because things would be back to normal when dancing with the females, but then within a year or so this electronic dance music blew up. Its just not the same so I'm done with clubs.

This electronic **** ain't terrible music but it ****** up the whole club vibe to me. Of course I'm biased but Hip Hop was built to get busy man.

RnB was better too. Boppers did damage when In Those Jeans came on :smh: :smh: :pimp:

I absolutely hate clubbing in my hometown except for Vegas and like homeboy said up there I gotta have a table or be on a list !

I only really picked it up again to explore this new city I moved to at 29. But being Jamaican I been hitting clubs since like 14.

I absolutely hate clubbing in my hometown except for Vegas and like homeboy said up there I gotta have a table or be on a list !

table service is the ticket but the prices are outrageous in some places

Lounge/bars and rooftop lounges is where it's at, actual clubs are playyeeeeed.

As far as it goes for NY, uptown/Dyckman strip/Wash Heights got the scene on LOCK.

This electronic **** ain't terrible music but it ****** up the whole club vibe to me. Of course I'm biased but Hip Hop was built to get busy man.

RnB was better too. Boppers did damage when In Those Jeans came on :smh: :smh: :pimp:

So why are you going to electronic clubs?

Lounge/bars and rooftop lounges is where it's at, actual clubs are playyeeeeed.

As far as it goes for NY, uptown/Dyckman strip/Wash Heights got the scene on LOCK.

Yeah the bar/lounge is all i'm at. Just want to chill.

But you got to admit, when you was young, dumb and know no better, **** the club was where it was at.

Yeah the bar/lounge is all i'm at. Just want to chill.

But you got to admit, when you was young, dumb and know no better, **** the club was where it was at.

For sure, some of the most epic nights I had ages 22-25 were at Webster Hall, would get so drunk and get lost in that monster of a club.

Clubs in Vegas are the exception for me though, Clubbing there has no match.

Man you barely tell the difference between a club/bar/lounge these days.

Age of the crowd is biggest indicator to me. Bar lounge all age ranges (of course some cater to older than 30) but them fresh 21 need to be seen lol.

My prime clubbing years were 23 to 27.

First two years after college lived in the Bay and wasn't a huge fan of the clubs there so we mostly went to bars.

Then I moved to Atl and went clubbing all the time. Opera, Reign, Velvet, Havana.

Moved back to LA last year and rarely go to "clubs". Usually go to bars/lounges. I pretty much don't do clubs without a table unless it's a mega Vegas club like XS.

Man you barely tell the difference between a club/bar/lounge these days.

In Socal you can tell the difference by
-the cover - free or 5 vs the standard 20
-set up of the dance floor - much more limited in a bar/lounge as a lot more standing around space
-dress code

i feel like im cheating myself by not living in Atlanta, Miami, La or NY. Theres club scenes and then theres CLUB scenes if you get my drift, but im 24 going on 25 i feel i still got a good 5 years in me.

Sometimes I miss clubbing, its not that I got older, more so my girl doesn't like it, and if she don't like it, I know for damn sure she aint letting me go with my homies... :lol: :smh:

Back
Top Bottom