FOR THOSE WHO STOPPED CLUBBING.....

21-25.. 2007-10 back when you would actually ask a girl for her number instead of her instagram username.. 

2007-10 back when you would actually ask a girl for her number instead of her instagram username.. 
This **** kills me. ***** told me to follow her on twitter/facebook 
indifferent.gif
 I dont got time for that ****.

I slowed down after I turned 26..

A one point, we used to out out 6 nights a week. It wasn't always bottle popping, a lot of the time we knew the promoters, and owners etc, so we often weren't partying on our tab...
Was fun for a while, but it gets boring...

Now we just hit lounges, do a lil two step and keep it moving...

Plus a lot of the fellas are either wifed up, or with a wifey..so hitting the club isn't the same....

i love lounges and bars, clubs piss me off now. music is entirely to loud. i'm 25 so i feel like clubs are dying down for me

Clubs are dying down in most cities, now their are lounges./bars. Most of the time age does not matter, I see old heads, young heads and middle age people getting blasted, dancing, and getting girls in the bars i go to. and the bars/lounges are like clubs but smaller.

Now days there is no age limit when going to clubs, it aint about stop going its about stop going so much. I might high a big spot maybe once every 3 months, the middle size ones i hit like once a week. The lounges.bars i hit when ever i feel like it, sometimes 3 times a week to grab a quick convo with a girl, food and beer then dip when happy hour end

I feel the same way! My prime clubbing years (23-26) were spent in Japan where the girls don't even dance with guys, they dance facing the dj like its a concert or something. I was happy about moving back to the US because things would be back to normal when dancing with the females, but then within a year or so this electronic dance music blew up. Its just not the same so I'm done with clubs.

night life in japan sucked that bad?

***** been on and off for 4 yrs. depends on the chick I'm with and the friends I have. Ain't really my thing. 24 now and I've done it all in a club and its pretty much a wrap for me. Santos house is dope though. Cool crowd.

I was thinking about this two weekends ago when I went to visit my boys in NYC and hit up Webster Hall randomly. I hadn't been there in a decade and it was so much stranger to me now.
I live in Baltimore and my club era was from 2000/01-2005/06. I feel so lucky to have lived in the era of Yeah!, Get Low, Salt Shaker, etc.. Those songs were the definition of epic in the club. I met my fiance in 04 or so and I continued to hit the club up for a year or two after, but it was winding down for me anyway. All of my favorite clubs were gone within a few years of me "retiring", so I feel it was no great loss.
Fast forward to a few weekends ago and Webster was the first club proper I had been to in a few years. The crowd is still young, but it seems like most of the girls had boyfriends or boy stragglers. The ratio was easily 12 guys - 1 girl. Someone commented to me that its because it was a Friday, but that didn't make any sense to me. The good nights back in the day were Thursday (college night), Friday and Saturday.

I'm glad I grew up in the era just before myspace and facebook. Myspace was around during my clubbing days,but it wasn't used as an intermediary to conversations and such. I'm 31 now and it straight up boggles my mind the way boys and girls alike treat facebook and instagram as some sort of crutch for their social interactions.

I was thinking about this two weekends ago when I went to visit my boys in NYC and hit up Webster Hall randomly. I hadn't been there in a decade and it was so much stranger to me now.
I live in Baltimore and my club era was from 2000/01-2005/06. I feel so lucky to have lived in the era of Yeah!, Get Low, Salt Shaker, etc.. Those songs were the definition of epic in the club. I met my fiance in 04 or so and I continued to hit the club up for a year or two after, but it was winding down for me anyway. All of my favorite clubs were gone within a few years of me "retiring", so I feel it was no great loss.
Fast forward to a few weekends ago and Webster was the first club proper I had been to in a few years. The crowd is still young, but it seems like most of the girls had boyfriends or boy stragglers. The ratio was easily 12 guys - 1 girl. Someone commented to me that its because it was a Friday, but that didn't make any sense to me. The good nights back in the day were Thursday (college night), Friday and Saturday.

I'm glad I grew up in the era just before myspace and facebook. Myspace was around during my clubbing days,but it wasn't used as an intermediary to conversations and such. I'm 31 now and it straight up boggles my mind the way boys and girls alike treat facebook and instagram as some sort of crutch for their social interactions.

We used myspace/Facebook as tool not a asset. I used to tell em, whats good I'ma be at club____ and then it was on :pimp:

Its funny though how quick clubs used to come and go. All the **** I went to back in the day ain't around no more.

This is to all my older Nters or those who gave up on the scene for whatever reason,

What were your Prime clubbin years? Time when you were most active?

03-10 was my Attitude Era in terms of nightlife. 18-25 every weekend damn near. Hitting the barbershop for a fresh line, liquor store run for partron/Ciroc, peach optimo and gatorade for the ride back. Hitting the allnight burger joint/ Ihop. N' had to work back in the day, dudes wasn't even ******g with facebook like that it was catching a bad one at the club for me. 181, 17, NV, Boss, Mission Rock, Wet, Toons, Zazau's, Shattuck Down Low, Tabellas, Whisper, Cocomo's, Empire, Sugars, Webster Hall in NY along with Santos.

Its my ten year reunion and me and my boy were talking bout how the years went by and man thats was a fun run those years. Now I can't stand going to the club, you new jacks are just too much man :lol: Plus just not feeling the music yall be vibing too.

Wipe Me Down was vicious back in 07 :smh: Buy You A Drink shut it down :pimp: :pimp:

Ying Yang Twins, Dipset, Old Wiz, Old TI, Crunk, Hyphy. And don't even get me started on the amount of twerking Sean Paul brought to my lap :smh:

What about yall?
:lol: from the bay? you didn't rock with kiddie nights tho? I can't stand clubs in the sf anymore or more the crowd. Too many troublemakers, especially down broadway.

We used myspace/Facebook as tool not a asset. I used to tell em, whats good I'ma be at club____ and then it was on
pimp.gif

Its funny though how quick clubs used to come and go. All the **** I went to back in the day ain't around no more.
AIM use to come thru clutch before the club nights. I use to be out heavy in San Jose and then I moved to Vegas thinking I could hit the club up Thursday-Sunday like I use to until my bank account disagreed with me. With the lack of adequate dance floor space and hip-hop music being played, I hit up the bars/lounges for my own sanity. I drop the gwop when homies from back home visit for bottle service but the lack of variation from these resident DJ's kill the vibe.

:lol: from the bay? you didn't rock with kiddie nights tho? I can't stand clubs in the sf anymore or more the crowd. Too many troublemakers, especially down broadway.

Not from the bay, grew up in Seattle moved to the bay when I turned 21 in 06. Broadway was always trouble, but so was Mission Rock, 181, Cocomos, anything in the Mission. Then cross the bridge Oakland clubs be off the hook, San Jose gets active, we talking bout the Bay, when does it NOT go down :lol:

From 21-25 which was 2003-2008. Don't even know where the clubs are at in LA anymore and I want no part of the hype that is Hollywood. Downtown LA bar scene is dope, that's where I've been at since.

So no clubs for me...

Except Vegas, :pimp:

Vegas Club Scene does it get any better in the USA than that?

Is it really that poppin? I turn 21 in a few months and I live here.

Most of my friends are younger than me and won't chance losing their fake id's at a club.

Hammerjacks student nights, the Dox, and Iguana Cantina thursday college nights
pimp.gif

senior year memories

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of clubs unless it's for a birthday party/there's bottle service. I'm horrible at getting girls in a club environment where you literally have to yell the whole time. Lounges with good music and a small dance floor>>>>overpacked, hot as @#$% clubs

Last edited:
only in VEGAS. Every club sucks after having been to XS, Marquee, TAO, Hakkasan, etc.

This is to all my older Nters or those who gave up on the scene for whatever reason,

What were your Prime clubbin years? Time when you were most active?

03-10 was my Attitude Era in terms of nightlife. 18-25 every weekend damn near. Hitting the barbershop for a fresh line, liquor store run for partron/Ciroc, peach optimo and gatorade for the ride back. Hitting the allnight burger joint/ Ihop. N' had to work back in the day, dudes wasn't even ******g with facebook like that it was catching a bad one at the club for me. 181, 17, NV, Boss, Mission Rock, Wet, Toons, Zazau's, Shattuck Down Low, Tabellas, Whisper, Cocomo's, Empire, Sugars, Webster Hall in NY along with Santos.

Its my ten year reunion and me and my boy were talking bout how the years went by and man thats was a fun run those years. Now I can't stand going to the club, you new jacks are just too much man :lol: Plus just not feeling the music yall be vibing too.

Wipe Me Down was vicious back in 07 :smh: Buy You A Drink shut it down :pimp: :pimp:

Ying Yang Twins, Dipset, Old Wiz, Old TI, Crunk, Hyphy. And don't even get me started on the amount of twerking Sean Paul brought to my lap :smh:

What about yall?

:smokin

Bro remember when we used to hit up jack and the box after the club? :lol: good times :nthat:

I'm over the night club life now :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom