For those working retail

how do you deal with customers that want to act like a-holes......one's that want to cause problems out of the blue?

im sure we've all had that situation with a customer that just comes along and tries to mess up our whole day, how do you deal with them?

had the two most ghetto chicks today give me a headache ...and one wasn't even buying anything, they were just the "tag along" jumping in me and the main woman's convo every other second....looked like she had no job though.

how do you deal with customers that want to act like a-holes......one's that want to cause problems out of the blue?

im sure we've all had that situation with a customer that just comes along and tries to mess up our whole day, how do you deal with them?

had the two most ghetto chicks today give me a headache ...and one wasn't even buying anything, they were just the "tag along" jumping in me and the main woman's convo every other second....looked like she had no job though.

Yeah you have to be real patient when working retail, I never did it but I've seen situations where if I was the salesperson I would have slapped the customer.

You could play the passive aggressive route if you're good at taking subtle shots. It'll ease the stress when you're dissing the dude and he doesn't even know what's going on. But don't take it too far and get fired
laugh.gif

Yeah you have to be real patient when working retail, I never did it but I've seen situations where if I was the salesperson I would have slapped the customer.

You could play the passive aggressive route if you're good at taking subtle shots. It'll ease the stress when you're dissing the dude and he doesn't even know what's going on. But don't take it too far and get fired
laugh.gif

yeah you dudes are right, can't let them win....just keep your composure......I just don't understand how people can feel good after going at with someone that works in a store....

the craziest day though, cus 2 hours before that this lady commended me on my patience and even came back 10 minutes later and told me to write my name down on a piece of paper to give to my manager and tell them how good i am with people.

yeah you dudes are right, can't let them win....just keep your composure......I just don't understand how people can feel good after going at with someone that works in a store....

the craziest day though, cus 2 hours before that this lady commended me on my patience and even came back 10 minutes later and told me to write my name down on a piece of paper to give to my manager and tell them how good i am with people.

As hard as it was, I used to just kill em with kindness. Throwin in extra maam/sirs thanks yous and pleases nothing is more irritating than being pissed off and somebodys all up in your face being nice as hell haha.

As hard as it was, I used to just kill em with kindness. Throwin in extra maam/sirs thanks yous and pleases nothing is more irritating than being pissed off and somebodys all up in your face being nice as hell haha.

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

Sometimes that works but when you get to dealing with real life trolls, they know that trick. They play along until you get angry then they rub it in your face.

Sometimes that works but when you get to dealing with real life trolls, they know that trick. They play along until you get angry then they rub it in your face.

Originally Posted by scshift

guess it all lands on patience and being able to brush things off.....

i like this new job, but the customers sometimes can be a pain.

Originally Posted by scshift

just ask if they need help finding the product. if not then you don't need to talk to them---> thus you can ignore them without your manager getting on your ***

just ask if they need help finding the product. if not then you don't need to talk to them---> thus you can ignore them without your manager getting on your ***

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

Just wondering, what store do you work at?

Usually the behavior of customers varies widely depending on the types of products you're selling

Back
Top Bottom