For those working retail

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

guess it all lands on patience and being able to brush things off.....

i like this new job, but the customers sometimes can be a pain.

Just wondering, what store do you work at?

Usually the behavior of customers varies widely depending on the types of products you're selling

I work in a toy store, so the most I'll ever see a obnoxious customer is during seasonal ........... Even then I just laugh it off ...... Last seasonal we had a woman cuss out damn near everyone in the store, calling one of my coworkers an inbred hillbilly ........ honestly it was nothing but pure jokes when they left .. but for the true headcases I just call the manager

I work in a toy store, so the most I'll ever see a obnoxious customer is during seasonal ........... Even then I just laugh it off ...... Last seasonal we had a woman cuss out damn near everyone in the store, calling one of my coworkers an inbred hillbilly ........ honestly it was nothing but pure jokes when they left .. but for the true headcases I just call the manager

Originally Posted by JayHood23

Kill em with kindness

Exactly what I do. I just don't let it get to me and if they make a fuss about not being able to use their dumb coupon then I just call a manager and let them deal with it.

Kill em with kindness

Exactly what I do. I just don't let it get to me and if they make a fuss about not being able to use their dumb coupon then I just call a manager and let them deal with it.

i work in a stock room. $.50 less than a full time sales associate and you dont need to talk to customers

i work in a stock room. $.50 less than a full time sales associate and you dont need to talk to customers

A lil bit of a rant, but man..I keep my composure most of the time but, it is very hard sometimes. Some of these customers don't understand that just because we can't say certain things to them, doesn't mean they're entitled to treat employees like they're nothing. The fact that I'm not even a people person doesn't help either..yet they keep sticking me at cashier instead of the position I originally signed up for.
30t6p3b.gif

The company I work for does not protect their employees whatsoever..and it's a shame. Anyone who's looking for a job...stay away from retail unless you can get a warehouse job or something. It really isn't worth it. You rarely have any say in what days you can and can't work unless you kiss !#$(I know this because I applied for a week off a month in advance. When you want time off you gotta do it 2 weeks in advance so that they don't have re-do the schedule that's already up..I obviously did that. Not only did my request get denied but they put up schedules for the next MONTH so that I couldn't do it again and put me on the schedule for Fridays and Saturdays..days I've always had off...and 2 other people got vacaions accepted) And you seldom get a chance to spend time with family and friends.

A lil bit of a rant, but man..I keep my composure most of the time but, it is very hard sometimes. Some of these customers don't understand that just because we can't say certain things to them, doesn't mean they're entitled to treat employees like they're nothing. The fact that I'm not even a people person doesn't help either..yet they keep sticking me at cashier instead of the position I originally signed up for.
30t6p3b.gif

The company I work for does not protect their employees whatsoever..and it's a shame. Anyone who's looking for a job...stay away from retail unless you can get a warehouse job or something. It really isn't worth it. You rarely have any say in what days you can and can't work unless you kiss !#$(I know this because I applied for a week off a month in advance. When you want time off you gotta do it 2 weeks in advance so that they don't have re-do the schedule that's already up..I obviously did that. Not only did my request get denied but they put up schedules for the next MONTH so that I couldn't do it again and put me on the schedule for Fridays and Saturdays..days I've always had off...and 2 other people got vacaions accepted) And you seldom get a chance to spend time with family and friends.

Originally Posted by yanky

Kill em with kindness

Yup, smile and act super peachy to them. It'll piss them off big time when they realise they're not bringing you down to their level.

Being the bigger (wo)man >>> *

Originally Posted by yanky

Kill em with kindness

Yup, smile and act super peachy to them. It'll piss them off big time when they realise they're not bringing you down to their level.

Being the bigger (wo)man >>> *

i would either kill em with kindness or be an even bigger douche then they were.

one time a customer started popping off and acting dumb talking about how he was going to get me fired. i told him to go ahead, then i could get unemployment so he'd be doing me a favor and i asked him if he wanted the numbers for all my higher ups so he could personally talk to them and complain. dude just stormed out of the store angry as could be

i would either kill em with kindness or be an even bigger douche then they were.

one time a customer started popping off and acting dumb talking about how he was going to get me fired. i told him to go ahead, then i could get unemployment so he'd be doing me a favor and i asked him if he wanted the numbers for all my higher ups so he could personally talk to them and complain. dude just stormed out of the store angry as could be

Back
Top Bottom