Forbes 2017 Highest Paid in Hip Hop Vol. more wins for Khaled more win for the 40 year olds

A few things for the list I observed is that for the 40+ year olds there are 8 on the list, so when Charlamagne and Adam22 were arguing Charlamagne was right that being 40+ isn't a death sentence like it was once thought of a decade ago and a lot of these 40+ year olds are still making big money. There are only 2 on the list in their 20s that being Chance the Rapper and Lil Yachty. The rest are in their 30s. If Adam22 was right in that these 20 year olds and teenagers were the ones that are taking over the money list should be looking more like names with Bhad Bhabie, Kyle, Russ, Cardi B, Lil Pump, XXXtentacion, Lil Uzi Vert etc. rather than the list below.

Also, Khaled is easily the biggest Urban DJ ever, Clue, Drama, Kay Slay, Whoo Kid, Funk Flex, Envy etc. none of them been on the forbes list even once where as Khaled has been on multiple times and he keeps shooting higher and higher up the list.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

1. Diddy - $130 million
2. Drake - $94 million
3. JAY Z - $42 million
4. Dr. Dre - $34.5 million
5. Chance the Rapper - $33 million
6. Kendrick Lamar - $30 million
7. Wiz Khalifa - $28 million
8. Pitbull - $27 million
9. DJ Khaled - $24 million
10. Future - $23 million
11. Kanye West - $22 million
12. Birdman - $20 million
13. J. Cole - $19 million
14. Swizz Beatz - $17 million
15. Snoop Dogg - $16.5 million
16. Nicki Minaj - $16 million
17. Lil Wayne - $15.5 million
18. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - $11.5 million (tie)
19. Rick Ross - $11.5 million (tie)
20. Lil Yachty - $11 million

Freemium model with his music where he doesn't sell any albums or singles etc. but has big tours and plays a ton of festivals including headlining them like he just did in Vegas for Life is Beautiful Festival.

I must be terribly out of the loop.
And getting old.

Fill me in on what chance the rapper does to make that kinda bank...

Yeah like the 6 straight year Wiz made the list, thats why he was celebrating when he only had to pay Amber Rose $1 million for divorce settlement and they did a divorce celebration together afterwards. $1 mil was a very small price to pay for Wiz

Who's Chance The Rapper? :nerd:

And how is Puffy making that much money? He hasn't made a song in over a decade.

And I thought Dr. Dre sold Beats for almost a billion dollars, how is he only making that much?

I'm confused at that list. Only one that seems to make sense is Drake.

And how is Puffy making that much money? He hasn't made a song in over a decade.

And I thought Dr. Dre sold Beats for almost a billion dollars, how is he only making that much?

Aside from everything else, Ciroc is doing the numbers worldwide.

Reported. Good luck. When I report people they get banned permanently. I'm cool with Method like that. He'll do it.

Good luck. That was your last post on Niketalk.

We'll never see this guy again.

Bye!

How is Drake making that much money.

Yes, I know he has tons of hits, but I thought Birdman, as well as many others, have a hand in his pot?

Also, how is he making more than Wayne? Is he not signed to Wayne so if Birdman is raeping Wayne how is the same not happening to Drake and Nikki?

Surprised a lot of these dudes are on the list because the rap money is all but gone.

With the exception of the heavy hitters I don't know how most of these other artists made as much as they did.

Dre got his big pay day when they sold beats to apple, which was a few years ago. This is annual income, not net worth.

wiz hasnt made any albums worth listening to after amber to be #7

I'm only surprised that lil yachty made the list.

But its good that trash rappers are learning to manage and grow their money.

Lets hope the knowledge trickles down

Dre got his big pay day when they sold beats to apple, which was a few years ago. This is annual income, not net worth.

Makes sense now, Puffy has Ciroc and Kanye has Adidas right? Drake though :sick: :smh: Almost 8 figure annual income.

Back
Top Bottom